Help! How to remove air spool from SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spare-parts.jpg

Spare Parts
Note.
All Individual Instrument Modules are Available as Spare Parts

Contact Details
50/10 Moo 2, Chaloemprakiat Ratchakan Thi 9 Road, Soi 48,
Dokmai, Prawet,
Bangkok, 10250, Thailand
info@oceandynamics.net
T. +66 2 726-6101-5
F. +66 2 726-6106

Header-2007.png

Gauges

Halcyon pressure gauges are as reliable as they are accurate. We start with industrial-strength spring designed for pressures beyond 5,000psi (400BAR), high-quality materials, and a highly visible, luminescent face make this a common favorite among divers in all environments. Pick from our Standard or Stage pressure gauges.

The weight and size of our Standard SPG gauge make it well suited as a primary SPG; the large, clear display is easy to read in all diving conditions.
Key Features of the Standard SPG

• Calibrated for BAR (0-400) or PSI (0-5500)
  • Nickel-plated brass with mineral glass lens
Technical divers with multiple stage/deco cylinders often prefer a small, light SPG; our Stage pressure gauge is perfect for just such an application.
Key Features of the Stage SPG

• Slightly smaller than our standard SPG
  • Light weight helps balance stage/deco bottles
  • Two models calibrated either for BAR (0-360) or PSI (0-5000)
  • Nickel-plated brass with acrylic lens

bimini_DR0384_spg.jpg

Huh!.....What?....Oh?....Doh!http://www.oceandynamics.net/

I thought Termo made pretty much all SPGs at one point, is that still the case?
I assumed the moisture was from lazy equipment rinsing, maybe it isn't.

Regardless, can I get the moisture out of there when we have another sunny day, or is it stuck there? Is it possible to flood the gauge with fresh water first to remove the salt or will that permanently flood and destroy my gauge?

Nic

I am not familiar with Halcyon SPGs but my older Scubapro SPGs can be disassembled (the collar on the face unscrews) and cleaned. That face is sealed with a replaceable o-ring. My understanding is that some modern gauges can be similarly disassembled while others can not.

If a leaking SPG (visible water inside) can not be disassembled, cleaned, and resealed; it is probably just a matter of time before it will fail or accuracy will suffer.

BTW, the pictures of "H" SPG don't seem to show any knurling on the retaining ring which is probably a good indicator they do not unscrew.

Back
Top Bottom