HELP! How can I remove a dysfunctional, gray toolbar on Google Chrome...?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
This stupid bar shows up at the top of any page I open, blocks part of the page - but doesn't do anything else. The wrench and + icons don't do anything...

Capture.jpg

I have tried searching for help on Google, and I do find other people complaining - but no one knows a fix. I have gone over my Settings and Extensions, but I cannot find anything. I don't see it listed in the Google task manager.

Has anyone found a way to delete that...??

have you tried rebooting?

have you tried rebooting?
At least once a day, and it's been there for some time.

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2013 at 11:10 AM ----------

No one else has seen the problem?

Ok, I got drastic and fixed it. Had to use Revo Uninstaller to remove program and all traces, download & reinstall, avoiding several gimmicks, twice - then reload my Bookmarks from Xmarks, add my extensions and settings, but it was worth it.

Check in program manager see if you can uninstall the AOL toolbar. Look in your control panel add remove programs or programs and features depending on what OS you are running. Looks like Vista maybe since your screen shot looks like your windows are set for transparency one of the Aero features.

Check in program manager see if you can uninstall the AOL toolbar. Look in your control panel add remove programs or programs and features depending on what OS you are running. Looks like Vista maybe since your screen shot looks like your windows are set for transparency one of the Aero features.
Windows 7. It did not show on my Vista machine. I don't know if an AOL toolbar may have sneaked in. It happens, but I did a deep removal of Chrome and all traces, reinstalled, and solved the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom