Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Macan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
You’ve seen others remove the Scuba Regulator hose from the 2nd Stage or you’ve done this yourself with one wrench. Wait! Don’t do it with one wrench. Use two wrenches. Watch the video and see why.

I hope you find this short video helpful. Thumbs if you like it, Subs if the video is helpful and click on the Bell to get notified of new easy scuba fixes videos.

Yes this is pretty common especially for Apeks second stages. You will also find that rotating the "heat exchanger" is actually rotating the valve spindle thus the purge button lever is being rotated which is changing the lever location. This usually happens out of laziness because if you have replaced your Apeks hoses with non swivel kinds like miflex then you need a thin wrench if you try with two regular size ones you can not fit it on the heat exchanger so most just try and unscrew the hose only accidentally moving the spindle

That's where having one of these cool toys comes in really handy. Friend in HK custom made these out of Titanium for me.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

For thin wrenches, go to a bike shop or online bicycle parts retailer and purchase some cone wrenches in the appropriate size....thin, strong, available, and more cost effective, money-wise, than a custom made adjustable wrench and more cost effective, time-wise, than grinding a wrench thinner.

-Z

My tools wish list on Amazon is getting longer and longer.

It's kind of scary when you have to scroll through the lists of lists you've made.

It's kind of scary when you have to scroll through the lists of lists you've made.

This is exactly what I was doing :) I was thinking that I need a list of all of the lists I have there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom