Hello from Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boldido

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I found y'all while researching a trip for my wife's and my tenth wedding anniversary trip to the Cayman Islands this June. I've been diving for a little over five years and she just finished her checkout dives. She still has to take the tests. She decided to get certified as a present to me so we would have more things to do together and found that it was really a present for herself because she loved it so much.

I'm really impressed so far with this forum and fear that I will spend much more time here than I should. I look forward to talking with you.

Boldido

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Saw your post and was curious as to what is around Tampa, diving-wise. My friends relocated there and I was interested in the area. Thanks and welcome aboard!

Boldido:
I found y'all while researching a trip for my wife's and my tenth wedding anniversary trip to the Cayman Islands this June.
I think you found us the way MOST of us found this place: We googled!

Welcome and have fun! Your time spent here getting to know your new extended family will help you develop new knowledge and skills.

We dive the gulf quite a bit. There are some artificial reefs as close as three miles off Clearwater Beach that have grouper, the occasional turtle, 'cuda of course. For wrecks we have a couple that are a little futher out.

I'm one hour south of Crystal River that is really jumping this time of year because of the manatees coming in to keep warm in the 72 degree spring water.

For the more intrepid (or suicidal, depending on how you look at it) there are a number of underwater cave systems, the most well known being the eagle's nest which goes to about 292 ft. that are a short drive from here.

Personally, I like to keep it within the recreational limits and see whatever sealife I can. I like the occasional wrecks but leave the caves to others.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Welcome to the Scuba Board Boldido! and Happy Anniversary! My wife and I are coming up on 9yrs! I'm taking her to Catalina (I'm a cheapo) But she doesn't know about it... so at least I can surprise her! I just wish I could surprise her with say.... Fiji. But I think she'll like it. Have fun in the Cayman Islands.

Hope you find this useful and have a nice trip...

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Back
Top Bottom