Hello from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sparky5112

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello.
The wife and I tried Discover Diving in Marco Island FL back in May and we have the bug is a serious way!!! We (and 3 of our friends) are on the 4th class of our open water certification and scheduled to do our dives in September at Gilboa Quarry is Ohio. We are starting to get our gear and wading through a plethora of all the gear. We are starting with Aqua Lung Legend regulators and HD Pro BC and i300 dive computers. We are looking forward to many dives. We are planning a dive trip to Marco Island in November/December. I'm sure we'll have many questions along the way.

Sounds great. Welcome to Scuba Board. I'd never heard of Marco Island, FL, till your post. Any particular reason you chose that destination? Florida's got a range of dive options. I don't know what's right for you; just wondering how well you know your options. Either way, have a great time.

Richard.

Sounds great. Welcome to Scuba Board. I'd never heard of Marco Island, FL, till your post. Any particular reason you chose that destination? Florida's got a range of dive options. I don't know what's right for you; just wondering how well you know your options. Either way, have a great time.

Richard.

Thanks Richard. We were vacationing in Marco and found the Scuba Marco Dive shop. They were so kind and worked hard to get us into the water, the weather was not cooperating so we did our dive in the bay where we saw dolphin, grouper and many other fish. We plan on diving in Key Largo and the Keys. Caribbean is on the bucket list. So many places, so little time!

Indeed. I loved Key Largo back in 2013 -
Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html
And when you're farther along in your diving, Jupiter -
Jupiter 2014 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/491927-jupiter-trip-report-9-7-14-9-11-14-a.html If you're in that region, check out Blue Heron Bridge - you don't need to be far along for that.

And I haven't even dove West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, farther south in the Keys, the west coast of Florida...

Richard.

Welcome! Fellow Ohio student here. If you guys are going with Columbus Scuba on the 16th for check-out dives, I'll see you there!

Last edited:
Triad, unfortunately our schedule did not work out for August. We will doing our certification dives in Sept. l hope to met you underwater someday!

Hello and welcome aboard. You've come to the right place for all of your future questions that's for sure. Scubaboard is an awesome place to pick up info and you'll soon be hooked to it as much as you are scuba diving. From the looks of it, you're in my neck of the woods. Maybe we'll see each other around sometime

Triad, unfortunately our schedule did not work out for August. We will doing our certification dives in Sept. l hope to met you underwater someday!

I'm doing my classes this month and certification on the weekend of Sept. 16th at Gilboa. Camping and everything! Never been up there to Gilboa but it looks like a great place to spend a weekend.

I'm doing my classes this month and certification on the weekend of Sept. 16th at Gilboa. Camping and everything! Never been up there to Gilboa but it looks like a great place to spend a weekend.
We might just get to meet you then! Our class may go on the 16th! I'll keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom