hello and your opinion towards environmental friendliness and the profit of it please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kairo11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,
i finally managed to register here and scuba board and always found it a great source of ideas and interesting threads.

I am a divemaster and worked 2 seasons in south east Asia. Than after back to studying for some time i have now an idea that covers both the profit side and environmental friendliness of a dive operator.
Please read the complete threat and feel free to comment !

I consider to write my bachelor thesis about sustainable tourism related to diving and would like to get your opinion on some topics.

-Are you looking for environmental friendliness of the dive operator you choose to dive with prior to booking? if so , what are you looking for in particular?
- Do you also ask what for example the hotel or resort related to the shop do to save water ( especially on islands a big issue ),reduce waste, employ locals, serve seafood, use local ore regional products?
Are issues such as ocean acidification, coral bleaching or unsustainable fishing practices part of the briefing in the destination you are diving? Would you like them to be?

Finally do you have ideas what to include in a research regarding not only the sustainability of a shop or chains of shops but also how to increase profits through marketing and naming the efforts done by the particular organization.

More and more people in the world are interested in so called "eco tourism" and choose their destination and resort according to that.
Sadly i don’t find many dive operators mentioning their impact on the environment or what they do to reduce it on the web page ( not saying they are not doing something) . Is this simply a coincidence that will change in some years? Is it because they believe guests are more interested in other information’s?

I am convinced the right attitude combined with the right marketing leads to an increase of satisfied divers that will appreciate the efforts taken to protect the environment and also to explain them the situation regarding this very area. That’s is why I am also looking for dive shops or operators willing to participate.
I would like to show up what could be done with relatively little effort to increase their environmental friendliness and how this together with the right marketing would change the numbers of customers, their satisfaction and the long term profit of the shop.

I do have experience in marine conservation and a background in management, just to let you folks know this is serious ,,,,,:wink:
personal messages are of course welcome as well!

greetings to everyone , thanks in advance and i hope we get some opinions on that! [/COLOR]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom