Helix pro compact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just shy of 700g in yoke. Not super light but boy it's compact.
About 50% more than a Mk11T. I bet the spread would drop a good bit in DIN.

Sealed DIN ALs Supremes in the ACD versions might end up being more survivable (In set-up/no-rinse for a week) travel regs than the MK11Ts. Some additional weight, but minimal if any additional bulk.

Sealed DIN ALs Supremes in the ACD versions might end up being more survivable (In set-up/no-rinse for a week) travel regs than the MK11Ts. Some additional weight, but minimal if any additional bulk.
Around 500g in DIN.

Much simpler than a MK11, which is saying something as you'd hardly call a MK11 difficult.

The LX supreme narrows at enviro end which makes it look svelte. The MK11 is mostly same width too and bottom.

Around 500g in DIN.
Mk11Ts are 460g-Yoke and 326g-DIN Factor of about 1.5 in both yoke and DIN compared to the AL Supremes of course sealed vs. unsealed and different materials.
I'm surprised there is not more advantage %-wise in Yoke, but then again SP Yokes are pretty massive pieces of metal.

My Standard MK11s are 719g (708-XX0 Forged) and 780g (707-0X0) in yoke.

Much simpler than a MK11, which is saying something as you'd hardly call a MK11 difficult.
Sealed AND somewhat simpler. Food for thought.

The LX supreme narrows at enviro end which makes it look svelte. The MK11 is mostly same width too and bottom.

:thanks:

The early mikron is around 500g IIRC, now that's a tiny reg. The yoke on earth mikron is noticeably lighter than the yoke on current AL regs (same on Titan/core/helix/legend)

IMG_2358.jpeg

I chuckle at the "race for small"'... Brings back memories of my first reg set. It was pieced together, and was a DACOR 960 first, 2 ScubaPro 109 seconds and a Tusa console. Heck of a bit of brass in that kit.

I think the 9-passenger prop I took from Miami to San Salvador leaned to the side my gear was on....

Size is not as important to me as simplicity and aesthetic.
Function as well. So, if I recall the flow rate of a Conshelf first stage was around 80 cf (from memory, looking for data, have any please?). And all of these being discussed are really just fancy Conshelfs. The volcano orifice is fairly small and is partially occluded by the pin. The Mk 2 Evo is 106 at 3,000 psi and simpler yet. And a G250 second stage will not notice a swing from 145 to 125 on IP. And the Mk 2 Evo is also small and light-ish.

I have the Core Supreme (ACD) in DIN. I need the yoke kit for it but AL makes conversion difficult compared to Scubapro. It is a very tiny first stage considering it has ACD and is sealed. Pretty cool. Granted a Scubapro Mk 11T is even cooler!

Function as well. So, if I recall the flow rate of a Conshelf first stage was around 80 cf (from memory, looking for data, have any please?). And all of these being discussed are really just fancy Conshelfs. The volcano orifice is fairly small and is partially occluded by the pin. The Mk 2 Evo is 106 at 3,000 psi and simpler yet. And a G250 second stage will not notice a swing from 145 to 125 on IP. And the Mk 2 Evo is also small and light-ish.

I have the Core Supreme (ACD) in DIN. I need the yoke kit for it but AL makes conversion difficult compared to Scubapro. It is a very tiny first stage considering it has ACD and is sealed. Pretty cool. Granted a Scubapro Mk 11T is even cooler!
I do love the simplicity of the MK2 but not a fan of the hose routing at all from a visual point of view.

As you are aware I can get you the yoke kit if you want it James, just let me know.

Am I mistaken in that all (?] first stages can supply more air than the tank valve can handle anyway? So under normal circumstances flow rate is largely meaningless? Happy to be corrected by a big brain. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom