Helix pro compact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does this mean the end of the Mikron? I'd assume so.

The Titan LX (and Supreme) became the Titan LX ACD (and Supreme) which became the Core (and Supreme) which now became the Helix Pro (and the first stage is enviro sealed thus it is a Supreme by default) and now there is the Helix Pro Compact. Hmmmm.

My wife confiscated my Titan LX Supreme because she likes it better than her Legend (women, what can I say :rolleyes:). I bought a Core Supreme because I like the tiny little first stage with ACD. The Titan LX, Core and Helix are top performing regs and very reliable and have metal barrels, just like a Scubapro G series and are air balanced.

This new Compact, I do not know what it comes from or if it is an all new second stage. That knob is metal (I betcha).

The Titan LX (and Supreme) became the Titan LX ACD (and Supreme) which became the Core (and Supreme) which now became the Helix Pro (and the first stage is enviro sealed thus it is a Supreme by default) and now there is the Helix Pro Compact. Hmmmm.

My wife confiscated my Titan LX Supreme because she likes it better than her Legend (women, what can I say :rolleyes:). I bought a Core Supreme because I like the tiny little first stage with ACD. The Titan LX, Core and Helix are top performing regs and very reliable and have metal barrels, just like a Scubapro G series and are air balanced.

This new Compact, I do not know what it comes from or if it is an all new second stage. That knob is metal (I betcha).
They like re dressing that first stage. I've had through my hands and/or still own, Titan, Mikron, Core, Core supreme, Titan LX supreme. I love that first stage, super reliable and super simple.

I like the LX/Core/Helix second stages but find the Helix second stage a bit much visually 😂

I have a 1st stage thinking of selling, made from new parts, you can choose flavor, I can turn it into a Mikron, Core, Core Supreme, Titan or Titan lx supreme. Non ACD. Yes, I have all those parts to make any combination. I have issues.

Personally I think the Titan or Titan LX supreme are the most attractive.

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

I have a 1st stage thinking of selling, made from new parts, you can choose flavor, I can turn it into a Mikron, Core, Core Supreme, Titan or Titan lx supreme. Non ACD. Yes, I have all those parts to make any combination. I have issues.

Personally I think the Titan or Titan LX supreme are the most attractive.
What are the practical differences between those models? Or is it all cosmetic?

Oh and of course sealed or non sealed. As body is same you can choose sealed or non sealed, diaphragm clamp and sealing section are all that's different. I bought parts for both versions because I couldn't decide if I wanted sealed or not. Still not made up my mind. They are tiny in both versions but the extra simplicity of unsealed appeals to me. But sealed does too. It gives me a headache.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the weight of a 1st stage sealed version is?

(Since I didn't see a message about those Mk17T's yet :rofl3: And I have my own issues. :wink:)

Back
Top Bottom