Helium prices ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To buy it myself in the Baltimore area with a commercial account is $399 for a 300cf bottle. That was as 4 months ago I think.

So $1.33cf
My airgas account had the price above in baltimore, but I don't really do any volume with them

My airgas account had the price above in baltimore, but I don't really do any volume with them
I should also add that's what they quoted me, I have yet to buy He. We do go through a fair amount of O2 in the shop and my family has had commercial accounts in the area for close to 40 years.
You can't get a new helium contract here, I tried.
I wouldn't be able to get He with a new account either.. the 3 places that were willing to play ball said the only reason they would even quote it is because the business has had accounts for so long.

By the time I get into mixing with He who knows if that'll even still be possible with the way things are going.

I'm not a tec diver, but very interested in breathing gas blends; maybe Hydrox could be an alternative?
Helium is a byproduct of LNG production, with somewhat intransparent supply chains and prices, and there's a rising demand for Helium in technological applications.

Hydrogen however can be produced sustainably through electrolysis, you only need water and electricity.

Drawbacks are combustibility and heat conduction.

Does anybody have experience with hydrogen as a breathing gas component?

As of today 01/07/24 we are charging $1.95/cf for He in Broward County FL.....just adding to the statistics.

Most of our customers are kitefishermen and despite fishing with kites on windless days, off of $1M+ boats, they *still* complain about the price. On the other hand, our Trimix crowd is glad to have us around....

We also fill pure O2 @ $0.45/cf with a standard $5.00 fill fee.

As of today 01/07/24 we are charging $1.95/cf for He in Broward County FL.....just adding to the statistics.

Most of our customers are kitefishermen and despite fishing with kites on windless days, off of $1M+ boats, they *still* complain about the price. On the other hand, our Trimix crowd is glad to have us around....

We also fill pure O2 @ $0.45/cf with a standard $5.00 fill fee.

What was the previous He price?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom