Helicopter tour on Big Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougieG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone ever done this? It's pretty expensive (~ $500 for a 2 hour flight around the island from Kona). Seems to get good reviews, but not sure it would be worth it.

Absolutely worth it. Once in a lifetime event you will always remember. We did this in 2006 with our daughter who was in college. We still talk about it.

I did it on Kauai
It was phenomenal

Without doubt - DO IT!

M

My wife an I on our honeymoon did this tour and also the one on Kauai. The Big Island helo ride was fun, but only so-so compared to the Kauai trip. If you go to Hawaii often, skip the Big Island helo tour and do Kauai some other time.

Don't get me wrong. They were both very nice. But I'd put the Big Island one in the category of "interesting" vs. "amazing"

It's a must-do...on Kauai. On the Big Island, it's nice, but doesn't compare with Kauai.

So we did the volcano tour last summer (July 2018) when Kilauea was still erupting and creating that enormous lava field and pouring lava into the ocean and that was really fantastic. But now that it's stopped erupting, I would tend to agree that it's an awful lot of money just to fly around the Big Island. The Napili Coast helo ride in Kauai is spectacular.

Agree that the Kauai trip was amazing - a bucket list item.

Haven't done the Big Island, and will wait until Kilauea is erupting again.

Back
Top Bottom