Heiser 110

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sig

Reaction score
Just won a heiser 110 lp from a gentlemen on eBAY. What I wanted to find out is if anyone knows the bouyancy characteristics of this tanks. I was able to find info on other sizes but not this one. Also did they stop manufacturing this size.

Hyia Sig!

First off, I own a pair of Heiser LP steel 120's. The first thing you need to know about Heiser tanks is that they are NEGATIVE in a big way when empty. My 120's go about 17 pounds negative each, when empty. Here is a link, although I did not see your tank on the chart it should give you some indication of where you are at.
http://www.huronscuba.com/gear/cylinders.htm
If your tank is high-pressure it may be even more negative. The trade off is that I no longer have to wear weight when I dive either wet or dry.

have fun

Garrett

I've never owned a Heiser tank, but have read about them while shopping for my Faber LP 120 steels.....I crossed them off my shopping list as they're the heaviest tanks made......yet didn't provide any more air capacity than lighter tanks.

Their sole 'advantage' is they're so negative you reduce or eliminate the need for a weight belt.....which sounds great at first......that is until there's an emergency and you have to ditch weight to reach the surface!

You don't want to be in the position of having to ditch your tank to swim to the surface, since that's the only weight you'll have to ditch.

Karl

Thanks for the help. I emailed Beuchat and this is what he told me

"Beuchat used to sell Haiser made cylinders in 95-120-140 & 190. The 120 was labeled as a 106 on the cylinder and marketed as 120 due to the +10% rating on the cylinder."

I'm guessing that the guy I am buying the tank from must have made a mistake in it's exact size but as long as it's bigger than a 95 then I will be happy.

I already have two sets of double 104's and I like there bouyancy characteristics (negative). I bought this one so I could dive a single once in awhile and since it has a H valve I won't have to change my regs around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom