Faber 7L in United States

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning to put together a set of tiny doubles. I have been planning to use LP 50s, but then I stumbled across Faber 7L 230 bar cylinders. They are very similar in size to the 50s, but look to have better buoyancy characteristics (less actual weight but more negative in-water). However, they don’t seem to be available in the United States. Does anyone know if there’s a way to get them here? If I was able to get a European company to ship them to me, would I be able to get them hydro’ed without the DOT stamp?

If I was able to get a European company to ship them to me, would I be able to get them hydro’ed without the DOT stamp?
No. It is unlikely you will be able to find a shop to fill them, which can be resolved by having your own fill station. There is also some chance that you can find a facility that will test euro cylinders but not stamp them, but that likely requires a personal relationship and for them to have the correct thread adaptors.

TL : DR go with 50s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom