Heathers Health conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylepreid

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Their Looney Birds, it's been a long time......... How has everyone been? Happy New year to all. Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that 3 months ago Heather, my wife, was diaginosed with breast cancer. She has already had surgery that removed the lump. reduced the size of both her breast, and had the reconstructive surgery all at once. We received the pathology report back, and the way the doctor read it to us made it sound like jibber jabber. Anyway, we have an apointment on the 5th of Jan. to see what type of treatment she is going to have.....radiation or chemo.....don't know yet, but we still have a long road ahead of us. Also she told me to tell everyone hi and that she hopes you all are doing well.

Since this has happened, we have decided to get out of scuba for a while so I am selling a good portion of our gear. I have listed the gear in the classified section of scubaboard, so take a look and let me know if you guys or gals need anything.

Again, I hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to getting back in the water soon after all of this is done with.

Kyle

Kyle, it's great to hear from you again but not under these circumstances. I will be saying a prayer for the both of you. Sorry to hear this and please keep us up to date when you can. I haven't been diving in over a year and I can't wait to get back in the water. I've lost 50 pounds in the past 6 months and my drysuit is fitting better than ever now but I still don't feel like getting into the cold water this winter.

Good luck and thoughts and prayers are going up today for the two of you.

Jeremy

Hi Kyle,

I actually do not know you or your wife but I wanted to wish her a speedy recovery. It sounds like you still have a long road ahead for the both of you. Just take it one day at a time. I also will be praying for you both.

My prayers as well. What the Drs. or medicine can't fix, JESUS can. God Bless You both! My wife had a small lump in her breast this past year and it was not cancer, but it is not always that way with many women. I pray for courage and strength and peace as you both go through this time.

Hi Kyle, I don't know if you remember me, but; I met you and Heather at Loch Low Minn a couple years ago. You was there with Kraken and YAF. Best wishes and prayers for your wife and you.

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers, I will keep you all posted of her condition and progress as we go through all this crazy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom