Heat wave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are all describing weather, not climate. Temperatures in one city are irrelevant (so my initial response comparing 2011 and 2012--which were much hotter in Oklahoma--was also not relevant). It is also impossible to average the temperature of the earth. We set new record highs somewhere every year, and new record lows. If CO2 was causing warming, there would be observable evidence of that, but there is not. If you disagree, please show me the evidence that does not include computer models (gigo).
My, you are here solely to post rubbish, aren't you? Thousands of accomplished scientists have done hundreds of climate studies to produce the evidence, but you are so intent on ignoring it that showing you accomplishes nothing.
If CO2 is causing the temperature to rise, there is nothing we can do about it
There is plenty, but I take it you won't help.

Not debating climate change but the extremely dry and hot summer weather in N Texas seems to be tied to the La Nina cycle in the Pacific. This year is a scorcher but 2011 and 1998, to me, seemed worse. I wasn't here for 1980 but am told it was the absolute worst.

Corals are doing just fine. Ask the scientists who study them (not the computer folks that model them). Jennifer Marohasy - Scientist, Author and Speaker
Just fine. Right.

"Let me pick the one junk scientist that espouses my backwards views while ignoring the 99% of all other scientists"

Not gonna feed the troll anymore, you can't change the mind of a fundamentalist who starts with the solution and works backwards to prove the problem doesn't exist. Put 'em on ignore and move on with your life.

If you look at current global temperature, we are a bit chilly currently compared to the last 500 million years.

But people should stop being asshats and trashing the place.

Al Gore actually won the popular vote election in 2000...... and even though he lost the electoral college results, he graciously and honorably accepted and honored the result. He was a champion for the environment and would have made a difference.

If you look at current global temperature, we are a bit chilly currently compared to the last 500 million years.

But people should stop being asshats and trashing the place.
How many of those years encompassed human civilization as defined as moving from nomadic hunter gatherers to settled agricultural and industrial societies?

Most of which was before humans walked upright, irrelevant.
How many of those years encompassed human civilization as defined as moving from nomadic hunter gatherers to settled agricultural and industrial societies?
In most recent centuries, there was the scarcely noticed Medieval Warm Period caused by "increased solar activity, decreased volcanic activity, and changes in ocean circulation," followed by the Little Ice Age caused by "cyclical lows in solar radiation, heightened volcanic activity, changes in the ocean circulation, variations in Earth's orbit and axial tilt (orbital forcing), inherent variability in global climate, and decreases in the human population (such as from the Black Death and the epidemics emerging in the Americas upon European contact" plus the slaughter of the great North American Bison herd. Notice the sharp increase since 2000?

1659062036991.png

Al Gore actually won the popular vote election in 2000...... and even though he lost the electoral college results, he graciously and honorably accepted and honored the result. He was a champion for the environment and would have made a difference.
Well, Florida politicians had a hand in how that state's poorly ran voting was recounted throwing the deciding Electoral College to one of the Bushes. I was not a Gore fan, but life would have evolved better without the Bush dynasty.

Back
Top Bottom