Healthways Scuba Star regulator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aw, Duckie, I knew you were just joshin! I saw the post for what it was and I knew what you meant! (Although I considered putting a "mooner" in my answer just fer kicks!):D

Ah the memories of my first regulator (a single-stage, double hose Healthways "Scuba") .... :)

Hey, Paladin, I hope you know I was just kidding. It was a play on words:)

I have several, and use them from time to time. I think the best part of using them is they provide a visual reminder of the effects of pressure. I think every new diver should have to use one at least once during training as it physically shows how an air column is compressed by the water pressure at various depths. Illustrations in a textbook showing the effects of Boyles Law are O.K., but actually seeing it in action in a capillary gauge really drives it home.

I have started wearing one during every OW class I DM and show it to them when under water. My way of slipping a little of the old school into their training.

Cool. They need to be shown that 33 ft. (1 AT) is the half way point, 66 ft. is the 2/3 point, etc. just like the Boyle's Law illustrations show in the textbooks. Should be required equipment. Redundancy, ya know? Scuba Gauge- Dacor Capillary Wrist Depth - Dacor Instruments

I think the thread has strayed from the Healthways Scuba Star a little. Sorry AfterDark. I have a Scuba Star (April 1961), but never got around to trying it in the water. Remember to make sure the 1st stage has a properly functioning overpressure valve as the second stage is an upstream tilt valve. Alternately, a downstream safe second can be used as an overpressure valve if the hose will thread in the overpressure port (can't remember if it can or not).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom