Healthways DeLuxe Reg and twin 42's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just took my set in to get hydro'd and they told me the same thing, they needed to pull out the inserts to hydro them. He said putting them back in was going to be on me though.
There was an older guy in the shop that was visiting that also had a hydro facility in Sacramento. It turns out he was a diver himself and an instructor for 22 years way back when. We got into a discussion about old gear including double hoses and said he dove all that stuff back in the day and had a few stories to tell. I thought it was cool to hang out in the back of the hydro facility and talk shop and diving with those guys. The old guy told the younger owner of the shop that those tanks were fine to hydro and not to worry about it. I felt lucky that there just happened to be an old salty diver and hydro guy there visiting that knew about old tanks.

Was the guy's name Butch, because he is the owner of MLC Hydro in Sacramento that I go to. He is like a regional Hydro facility inspector also. If it was what a strange coincidence.:D Funny I just called him yesterday about hydro's on my set of 53's that i'm re-conditioning.

Unfortunately we never exchanged names, but he was probably mid 60's, thin white grey hair, and he may have been a regional inspecter because when I walked in with one of those tanks he said to the younger guy that tank was exactly what he was talking about before. I guess the hydro facility I take my stuff to never saw a tank with a bushing and they must have just had a conversation about bushings minutes before I walked in.
BTW, the old guy said he likes modern stuff now and is a huge fan of Atomic :idk:

Hey, you might just have unlocked the forbiden vault of getting tanks plus rated??
If Butch can't do it then nobody can.
You'll have to ask him about it, he might have all the REE numbers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom