Healthways DeLuxe Reg and twin 42's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! About a year ago I bought some old diving stuff from a local guy that was moving and getting rid of everything he had. It's just sat at my house and I really don't have a place for it. I thought it would be cool as a kind of museum piece, but it just doesn't fit anywhere. I'm going to have to sell it. Because I have no idea of value of any of this, I'm hoping someone to give me a ballpark idea of what it's worth. I'm sure you get tired of these threads, but I really have no idea! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Here's what I have:

Healthways Double Hose Reg. I put it on a tank and it breathes, but that's about all I know about it. It has some scratches, but it seems to be in pretty good condition. I saw a similar one for sale on Ebay for $79 but it was broken. Another model Healthways sold for $150.

I also have twin 42's (I think) with bands, harness, and US Divers manifold.

I think it would be fun to dive this stuff, but I just don't think I'm going make it happen. I have attached a few photos.

Thanks again!

Ted IMG_9869.jpgIMG_9870.jpgIMG_9871.jpgIMG_9872.jpgIMG_9873.jpgIMG_9874.jpgIMG_9875.jpgIMG_9876.jpgIMG_9877.jpgIMG_9878.jpg

The value is whatever somesome is willing to pay.Could have a bidding war.I doubt it on this.I would say $100 and up.The reg isn't in great shape.I feel the tanks are junk.Old Navy oxygen tanks with bushings.Someone else might not think so.It isn't a rare reg very common.One day you might get $100 a week later $300.Ebay is funny.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike! Appreciate the help. Are the bands/harness worth anything?

Selling all together is your best bet, how much work do you want to do in selling and shipping.

I say go dive them, is there air in them.

VooDooGasMan, there is no air in the tanks, but it would be super fun to dive it, but I'm just not up to getting it all inspected and ready to dive etc.

There is no way you would find anyone to pass them with bushings anyway.They make a good display.I have a few tanks like that.Good for show only.I'm sure someone with think something different.

On ebay, the reg should get at least $75, but probably more in the neighborhood of $100, especially if you've got an established seller to sell it through.. The tanks...harder to say. No one is going to fill them because of the bushings, so basically they're a display piece. The manifold, harness and bands are probably still good though. As to what they're worth though, I really couldn't give you a good answer.

I'm going though setting up a set of tanks just like that exactly. Mine are 1942 and 1943 both US Government. I think they might be 38's but I'm not sure.
The insides on mine are pristine, the outsides I had to blast and I just sprayed them with DuPont Corlar 25P epoxy mastic which is like sprayable JB weld, very tough and for immersion service.
They never were meant to be used as scuba tanks so the outsides only have a very thin layer of galvinizing with a very thin layer of grey lacquer paint over the top. All they were supposed to do was provide O2 in bomber planes and last long enough to do the job, that's it.

I'm concerned about the same thing, getting them filled. I have a hydro place I will take them to and if they decide to run them through and they pass then it's up to me to get a trans fill whip to fill them off my HP 120.
They are 1800 psi so it shouldn't be a problem.

If some shops refuse to fill steel 72's then they'd probably have a coronary if I brought these things in.
I'm not even going to try.

I heard they are really light in the water though so that means I will have to add a few Lbs. to my belt.

Back
Top Bottom