Heading to Kona August 19-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My dad and I are heading off to Kona to do some diving next week. Were diving with Kona Diving Company on the 20,22, and 24th. We will be shore diving on all the other days. Anyone else going at that time from this forum? Going to be some long days as the first two boat days are 2/tank morning, and 2-tank night, and the 24th is a 3-tank long range. This is our first dedicated dive trip, and first trip to The Big Island. I think were going to spend the day at one of the Puako dive sites on the 21st, or the old airport, hopefully somewhere less crowded since it will be the weekend.

If you've never done the night manta dive, make sure you do it. Several dive ops take boats to a spot by the airport. However, there are usually mantas by the Sheraton Hotel. They have lights that attract the Mantas all night long. You can enter the water near the hotel and then swim around the point to where the mantas feed.

Vino, sounds good. I'm going to try to keep a good log on what dive sites we visit and how they compare to others. It would be nice to find some more dive site maps to go off with compass headings, etc. Should be a awesome trip.

I am looking forward to both of yours reports. We will be going out with Kona Diving Company Sept 14, 15 and 16 :)

Back
Top Bottom