Heading to Bonaire in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beau640

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Bonaire for the first time this August. Will be staying at Buddy Dive 12th-19th. Just seeing if anyone else will be around. Super excited!

Unfortunately not going the first week of august

I’m really excited it will be my first time diving out of the country.

I plan to mostly shore dive. I’ll have a tuck with my buddy dive package so I can get around the island. 6 boat dives are included and I plan to dive the house reef a lot. I heard Bari reef is also amazing. Is there an easy way to dive Bari if you’re not at the places right on it? Also for food, is there a grocery store or everyone just eats out every evening?

I’m really excited it will be my first time diving out of the country.

I plan to mostly shore dive. I’ll have a tuck with my buddy dive package so I can get around the island. 6 boat dives are included and I plan to dive the house reef a lot. I heard Bari reef is also amazing. Is there an easy way to dive Bari if you’re not at the places right on it? Also for food, is there a grocery store or everyone just eats out every evening?
Bari Reef is accessible from truck. There is a large dirt parking area adjacent and left/south of the Den Laman Condominiums at the roundabout. If you choose to go in at this location, I'd recommend diving right/north once you hit the wall. That is definitely the best part of the reef (you'd be going back toward Buddy's essentially). Buddy Dive basically sits on Bari Reef as well. Just the north end of it. The entrance next to Den Laman would be characterized as the south end of it. There are a number of supermarkets on the island. There is a decent one just a short distance from Buddy's. It is called Zhung Khong and it would be just north of Buddy a short distance and on the right. Just after Hamlet Oasis.

Everywhere take US cash or do I need to exchange once i get there? Most places take amex? (don't have currency conversion fees on my amex)

Back
Top Bottom