Head Light Handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trappist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I decided to try and make my own handle...
Since I'm here without any tools mostly, apart from the basics, I asked a collegue to cut me the scrap piece into shape and make holes for me. I then added all the bungees :)

I'm now ready to try it, I still do not know if i will like it or ot. Given the price of a new handle and not knowing if I would find it useful or not, I liked the DIY approach !

20090920_Misc_024.jpg

20090920_Misc_027.jpg

20090920_Misc_028.jpg

If you are going to use it like you would a Goodman handle, the loops are much too long. There is no reason your idea won't work, but shorten the loops so that the handle is snug on your hand, with the light head resting on the back of your hand and the loops in your palm.

What kind of clip is that? I've not seen before.

If you are going to use it like you would a Goodman handle, the loops are much too long. There is no reason your idea won't work, but shorten the loops so that the handle is snug on your hand, with the light head resting on the back of your hand and the loops in your palm.

Actually, I think they are just the right size... at least for my hands with the gloves on :) I did try them on to adjust the best I could, but there is nothing like a real test that will do it, I wear 5mm gloves and maybe I have big hands :D

Now, I did leave quite sufficient length to adjust as time goes, I might need to find a way to actually adjust on the fly, that would be nice and I have some ideas behind this... just need to test what the best solution might be. This will be after a couple uses though.

What kind of clip is that? I've not seen before.

Not sure which clip you talk about... there is a classic bolt snap attached to the back of the head light (bottom is hidden), all the rest is bungees.... bungees and... bungees :)

The good thing about bungees is that they will adapt to the depth where my neoprene gloves will compress on the descent and expand on the ascent...

Back
Top Bottom