Neoprene sleeve protector for wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maremd50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a neoprene sleeve to go over the wrist on my wetsuit and dive computer. I know they are available in Europe and on websites based out of Europe, but haven't been able to find anyone that ships to the US. Basically it slips on and there is a hole cut into the neoprene where the face of your dive computer shows through. Even if your band breaks underwater, or if your bungee isn't tight enough, or loosens, your computer is secure. Anyone know of any such thing that is available in the US? And where? I've searched all over on the internet stores and found nothing. My sewing machine can't handle neoprene so even if I wanted to get crafty, I don't think that's an option. Thanks.

I'd get a bungee mount for the computer.

Must have missed this chief

Even if your band breaks underwater, or if your bungee isn't tight enough, or loosens, your computer is secure.

The right glue will hold edge to edge chief 3 coats

Buy a junk wetsuit and shorten the arms by "x" inches/cm. Cut out watch/computer aperture from the cut-off sections. Voila!

I'm looking for a neoprene sleeve to go over the wrist on my wetsuit and dive computer. I know they are available in Europe and on websites based out of Europe, but haven't been able to find anyone that ships to the US. Basically it slips on and there is a hole cut into the neoprene where the face of your dive computer shows through. Even if your band breaks underwater, or if your bungee isn't tight enough, or loosens, your computer is secure. Anyone know of any such thing that is available in the US? And where? I've searched all over on the internet stores and found nothing. My sewing machine can't handle neoprene so even if I wanted to get crafty, I don't think that's an option. Thanks.
In Europe Decathlon has those at low cost. Not sure if they exist in the US (or ship to the US).

Here you go. $7.55 and free shipping.

I like the idea, but what about the buttons? Is this intended for a computer that is only used visually with no interaction?

I like this idea. I use a NATO strap for my Terics, to ensure that I won't lose it by any one pin breaking. But, the strap is not stretchy and it tends to move or turn on my wrist sometimes. A sleeve like this that covers the strap and keeps the computer exactly where I want it seems like it might be nice.

Funny that these sleeves are cheaper on eBay than from the original seller on Etsy. $7.55 on eBay or $8.15 on Etsy (after discount code).

I like the idea, but what about the buttons? Is this intended for a computer that is only used visually with no interaction?
I have an Oceanic OCi and the wrist sleeve stretches around the computer body so the buttons are easily accessible. My wife's DC is the Oceanic VT4, which is a bit larger than mine and the wrist sleeve will not fit over it. So, watch style, good, puck style, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom