HD Video on the Vandenberg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving there too, late October 2009 for two days and four dives. It had 150 feet viz and was incredible. We did have current and if you look at one of the first scenes, you will see Cindy (single tank) finning away and going no where fast. But, we can handle the currents. Just duck inside the ship and enjoy. Also the reason Cindy flopped on the deck coming off the line was due to exhaution from bringing her camera down in a raging current.

I was there on the 24th last year. The guys I tagged along with were on it the day before scouting safe penetration areas, and decided to enjoy the fruits of their prior days labors, and treat me to it. They dropped us at mooring ball 3 on the telescope turret, and we spent the whole dive inside running back and forth to stay out of the current.

The second dive the OP gave us the option to just move to another mooring ball, or do a drift dive, so we live dropped at mooring ball 1 and spent the first half of our dive inside, then cruised along the sides back and forth until we hit the last ball where the boat tied in.

Two great dives, but gnarly currents!

I was hoping to get back on her this October, but the weather didn't cooperate, and the dive op didn't go out on the days I was in KW. I was hoping to get a little outside time since I saw more INSIDE than anything else last year! :rofl3: (and there are a LOT of nasty dark corridors to get lost in!)

I could spend a whole vacation just diving that and be happy though!

btw...I just noticed that you're from Hatboro...spend any time up at Bainbridge? I'm gonna venture a guess and say you've been to Dutch Springs a few times.

I have never dove Bainbrifge. I get to Dutch a couple of times a year. Mostly for social gatherings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom