HD Video on the Vandenberg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that link above wouldnt play for me

post a link to you tube.

Well Done!!!

it looked like that 1 diver had enough gas to hit the Andrea Doria:D

Oh well, air is good

Both divers were limited not by gas supply but that the boat had to return some time that day! Both divers are experienced wreck divers and one is cave certified.

Thanks for the posting Bill

Was thinking the same Md. Was wondering why so much gas? Why the large doubles? training? practice using doubles?

It does not look very deep. How deep is it?

Great video. Love the water, the clarity of the water, the camera rigs, the clarity of the video, the music, etc.

The one odd thing that struck me was "no sea life". Whats up with that? I have seen more fish in a home aquarium. I mean it was eerily absent of sea life. I noticed there was not much growth on the ship for sea life to feed on. Maybe the water there has not much organic matter in it. That would explain it.

Thanks for the posting Bill

Was thinking the same Md. Was wondering why so much gas? Why the large doubles? training? practice using doubles?

It does not look very deep. How deep is it?

Great video. Love the water, the clarity of the water, the camera rigs, the clarity of the video, the music, etc.

The one odd thing that struck me was "no sea life". Whats up with that? I have seen more fish in a home aquarium. I mean it was eerily absent of sea life. I noticed there was not much growth on the ship for sea life to feed on. Maybe the water there has not much organic matter in it. That would explain it.

Serious wreck divers use double tanks for the redundacy. We also do decompression diving and that is also why we carry lots of gas. Cheryl was wearing double 100's and I was wearing double 120's. Cindy had a single 108 on her back. The depth was between 90 and 120 feet. Our average bottom times for four dives over two days was around 45-50 minutes per dive.The one shot with Cindy exiting the side of the ship was around 110 feet. The ship sits on the bottom at around 140 feet. The illusion of a shallow dive has to do with the fantastic viz on this wreck. The Vandenberg was sunk less than two years ago. There is growth on it and there are fish. The fish just don't follow us around. Most of the fish were schooling just above and out of view. Give it a few more years and it will look more like the Spiegel Grove up in Key Largo.

This video and another I posted for my Philippines trip (Atlantis Dive) were shot with the fantastic Canon 5D mark II digital SLR. This is to date the best way to shoot high quality HD videos outside of using the Red camera or Imax.

Nice video! Thanks for posting! Looks like you guys had little to no current! The second of two dives I did on her (Oct 2009) was a drift dive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom