HD GoPro and editing software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am having dramas Marty.
Whats a good free software to use with xp sp3, wmp11?????
I have got some great footage to cut up from the gold coast seaway with unbelievable 20+m viz, stacks of fish and the poo pipe starting up!
:)

Sorry Damo I don't use XP anymore but I assume any 32 bit editors will work. I haven't used the free software for a while since I got my adobe package so I'm not too familiar with whats around but there seems to be a few sugestions in this thread you can give a go.

I have many friends that use windows movie maker and get ok results but thats win 7 only as far as I know so I don't realy know the best way to go for you mate.

I hope you find something to work with so we get to see your videos soon.

I would like to get a free software, but if there is something out there that is easy - I would go buy it.

"Free" and "best" is an oxymoron. Video editing software is like most anything else - you get what you pay for. If you decide to go with what's "free", don't expect much in terms of features and capability. Another consideration is that most laptops don't have enough processing power, RAM, or storage capacity to do any serious video editing. Finally, there's normally no need for any "conversion" of GoPro video prior to editing it, assuming your editing software can deal with h.264 video. If it can't, you'd be better off with different software.

I use Sony Vegas Pro 9.0, which edits GoPro video easily, and outputs to more video formats than the law allows.

My YouTube Channel

I've tried several and if you have Windows 7 64 bit, look into Cyberlink PowerDirector9 64 A little cheezy but renders at incredible speed (in many formats) and is the only 64 bit software outside of Apple I know of ~$100 Got some nice cheezy features like title templates and background music copyright free generation. Comparable to iMovie or better.

Back
Top Bottom