Hawaii diving - rating system anywhere? Reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Derail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be in Honolulu Oct 8-11, then Maui Oct 12-18 2011.

Looking for recent experiences, so I can pre-book some dives.

So far Aaron's Dive Shop in Kailua, and/or Rainbow Scuba in Honolulu, seem interesting. Aaron's for the trip by boat to a perhaps a more exotic location.

Where are you staying in Maui? Do you want to shore dive or boat dive? Do you mind driving to catch a boat? What is your dive experience?

For Maui boat diving: Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures, Makena Coast Charters, B&B, Mike Severns, and Pro Diver for S. Maui/Molokini. Lahaina Divers or Extended Horizons for Lanai.

For Maui shore diving: Maui Dreams or Shaka Doug for S. Maui diving.

Tim at Tiny Bubbles also does shore diving in West Maui.

I also second the recommendation for Gabe in Oahu.

Extended Horizons also guides West Maui shore dives.

I am throwing my ironwood branch into the (mostly) West Maui shore guiding fire as well. For the seriously adventurous, I am doing scooter, kayak and other "strenuous dives" such as Dragon's Teeth (Long Walk), Namalu Bay (Cliff House), Hawea Point, Manta Cleaning, Food Land, Carthaginian ..... and others even more masochistic.

:shocked2:

Spring gives me some time to get a larger scooter &/or kayak fleet; currently only expecting one or two such masochistic divers at a time. The long surface swim &/or hiking sites are not fleet limited; Dragon's Teeth and Cliff House are really nice, until the walk back to the vehicles.

:D

I will of course do good deals for ScubaBoard members, Kama'aina and groups! :wink:

Funny, I posted in the Hawai'i 'Ohana thread...

Anyhow, yes I'm taking a rental, a little 2dr 4x4 Jeep Wrangler with Enterprise. Why is Enterprise so much cheaper???
I rented a condo right on Ka'anapali Beach, address is approximately: 2525 Kaanapali Pkwy # 4 Lahaina, HI 96761-2936
I was torn between Kineh and Lahaina, South or West. The West won!

Halemano - we're in our 40's, not exactly top shape. So we'll pass your strenuous dives...however Big Thanks for your info - as well as others.
However as a photographer also, I'm interested in some of the things you do.
Perhaps you could take pics of us diving, in exchange for some greenbacks?

Between the 12th & 14th I'm at the Cultural Center for a software engineer course (iPhone business programming).

So I'm arriving Friday night the 7th, looking to do at least one charter, the rest would be shore dives. So I'll look at suggestions and find a dive shop with decent rental prices for tanks & weights.

We're both just PADI Open Water - so I don't think we can (legally) do night dives to see Manta Rays. However diving the Cathedrals seems awesome.

Once I'm there, I want to charter a trip to see a volcano on the Big Island. Not too keen on a flying detour to see Honolulu though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom