Have LED's passed HID's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, ignoring everything that was said previously, because I disagree with most of it...
The Light Monkey HID and LED are the best lights on the market. They have great customer service and are well built. The 12w LED is the coolest light I've seen for under $800. But, if we're talking in the 21w Range here's what I think. And I've owned them all.

The HID is focusable, and just a tad more punch, but bulbs are expensive if you are a clutz.
\

Led's can be focused too, it's not conventional to most because it is a new way by collimator. I agree light monkey does have great lights, great service is why they are so well recognized. But their led technology is behind.

Before you start disagreeing, you should probably read a little more into the newest technology rather sourcing from what manufacturers have. They are normally slower (than a diy person) with newest and greatest stuff.

@ superlyte ... you are almost completly wrong

Lucca, this would be exactly the information and input I am looking for.... I just returned from a weekend of diving, its late and I must some sleep but I wanted to say "Thank you" before this got away from me... I have looked at the post your referred to and appreciate the links you provided...!

I wish I had the ability to build a light for myself buy lack the tools but trying to gather the knowledge... :D

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

lee

Thanks... I like to help to view from other side whole situation which is sometimes murky.....

I wish I had the ability to build a light for myself buy lack the tools but trying to gather the knowledge...

Just join group on Dive Lighting you maybe find out that could be simpe and find some passion in that ..for start ; just modding some maglite or better some older divelight with METAL LIGHTHEAD , which can be found easy for low money on ebay.
Dives with own light can be much more exciting and fulfill !

mod is very hard, there maybe many problems that block you. i try it and know how hard it's. there always need 3 to 7 times changing of your initial project.

Back
Top Bottom