Have I just been stung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, congratulations! Nice!

Flash photography brings out all of the hairline buffing scratches. You might try some ambient light photography to really show it off.

If the scratch you metioned is in the gold plate, DON'T TRY TO BUFF IT! Gold plating is soft, and I really doubt that USD went for broke as far as thickness. Right under that thin gold venier is nickel. You definitely don't want any silver showing through the gold, and even if it is copper plated beneath the gold, you wouldn't want tarnished copper showing through either. Leave it well enough alone, and use a soft, damp rag for cleaning it in order to avoid any further buff scratching.

Thanks for sharing.

I've seen only one aniversary model in a dive shop but it looks like the real deal. Too bad about the documents missing but the reg looks very nice-enjoy it. Would like to see pics of your other regs.

OK, massively over due, but here is the evidence...

It's a lovely piece of kit, and brings my overall collection to 30 double hoses:D:D:D

When time permits, I'll put together a collage of all of them as well as my 50+ single hoses and 60+ depth gauges.

My God, I really need a life:shakehead:

Thanks again to all who offered advice and help, you make SB what it is - a real pleasure.:10:

Larry,

With that many double hose regulators you really should think about joining all of the other double hose divers and collectors over at Vintage Double Hose.Com and Vintage Scuba Supply.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Regards,

JES

I have a real Golden Royal Aqua Master With Signd Doc. By Jacque Himself. What did you pay for yours?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom