Have I just been stung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know Luis, guess I have heard of him, I do airplanes, scuba is just a hobby. I meant Dan at vss, it was a typo and I corrected it.

Hammerhead, please post some pics, it will be great to see the golden beauty.

N

It'll be next week Nemrod, but it's a promise.

I work in Macau and the reg's in my flat here along with 15 or so others in various states of repair / reconditioning. At the weekend I travel back to Hong Kong to see my family, so I'll be away until Monday.

Even though I don't really know what you guys are talking about, I'm having fun reading this thread- I'll look forward to pics as well!

Posed with my DA Aquamaster, taken with the novelty of the pose, the cameraman somehow ignored the T-shirt I was wearing that read "All I want is peace in the Middle East... [and in much smaller lettering] ...and a blowjob". How many complaints do you think they got?:D:D:D

i know i am not supposed to h-jack a thread outside MOF and PPD, but Larry, u are killing me. :rofl3:

Even though I don't really know what you guys are talking about, I'm having fun reading this thread- I'll look forward to pics as well!

We are talking about one of this:

GoldRoyalAd.jpg

goldroyal1.jpg

goldlabel.jpg

From VintageScubaSupply.com (Vintage Regulator Collection - Rare and Unusual Regulators ):
The 25th Anniversary Golden Royal Aqua-Master came out in 1968 to commemorate Cousteau's first Aqua-Lung from 1943. Supposedly only 100 of these gold-plated regulators were produced and they sold for $200 each, which was twice the price of a regular Royal at that time. The regulator came in a beautiful mahogany box with red velvet lining, along with a letter of authenticity. These are one of the most difficult US Divers two hose regulators to find today.

We are indeed. It's very pretty :D

It may well be that if it DID have a serial number you would have just cause for concern. From the auctions I've watched before, no serial numbers were ever mentioned and none seen in the auction photos with regard to these regulators, whereas the production round label RAM typically has a number stamped in the top box.

Send it to me. If it's the real deal I'll send it back....you won't want it otherwise, right?

Cheers Kim, but Nemrod offered first. Gosh, you're all so kind!

OK, massively over due, but here is the evidence...

The box. Looking closely at the front side, I think I can make out the adhesive that would have held the plate in place: -

Regs001.jpg

And when we open it up: -

Regs002.jpg

In all its glory: -

Regs004.jpg

A bit closer: -

Regs005.jpg

Side on: -

Regs006.jpg

Hoses look - and feel - brand new: -

Regs007.jpg

It's even got a twiddly thing: -

Regs008.jpg

Overall condition: -

Regs009.jpg

And just the face, there's a single scratch to the side (about 3mm) the plate that would buff out if need be, but why bother. Any other blemishes are down to my poor photography :D: -

Regs013.jpg

It's a lovely piece of kit, and brings my overall collection to 30 double hoses:D:D:D

When time permits, I'll put together a collage of all of them as well as my 50+ single hoses and 60+ depth gauges.

My God, I really need a life:shakehead:

Thanks again to all who offered advice and help, you make SB what it is - a real pleasure.:10:

Back
Top Bottom