Hauling equipment, what do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is freaking brilliant, but $400 is a bit steep...

$90 wagon from Costco. The sports branded ones suck, their handles are trash and aren't good quality. The basic gray ones holds up longer and carry a lot. I put 2 100s, pony tank, 30lb lead, BP/W, fins, and all my extra crap I take on dives and it hauls it without issue.

Screenshot_20230710_202211_Costco.jpg

That is freaking brilliant, but $400 is a bit steep...

$90 wagon from Costco. The sports branded ones suck, their handles are trash and aren't good quality. The basic gray ones holds up longer and carry a lot. I put 2 100s, pony tank, 30lb lead, BP/W, fins, and all my extra crap I take on dives and it hauls it without issue.

View attachment 791974
To be fair I am very very hard on it and it has held up. Plus its very light so easy to load unload. My first garden cart only lasted 2 months “I guess tossing them out the bed of the truck is a bad idea🤣

The type of cart you use really depends on the vehicle you drive. The folding canvas ones fold up small enough that they would even fit behind the front seat of my old Ford Focus.

At the possibilty of going off thread yet again, you Aussies get all of the cool stuff. A freaking HiLux!!!!!!!!

But the new 2024 Tacoma Trail Hunter may finally top it save for the lack of a diesel engine. I may order one to replace my nearly 20 years old Taco.

But if you cannot have a Tacoma Trail Hunter there is this:

For a wagon, wide tires are needed to float on sand and to provide stability. A better solution I have found it to have younger dive buddies to mentor and have them haul the gear :).

For a wagon, wide tires are needed to float on sand and to provide stability.
While I try to avoid sand, you can take a pair of cheap kids snow sleds and put them under the wagon. Pull the ropes from the sleds and wagon handle together and your gear moves with ease.

Screenshot_20230711_080353_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Collapsable canvas wagon. Wide wheels. I load it with 2x 117's and SMS100. Wheel it down the beach and 3 feet deep. Sit on the cart while putting on wing and fins. Stand up tanks and clip in. Extra dive flag on cart so I find it easily when I finish dive.

Noice!

But the new 2024 Tacoma Trail Hunter may finally top it save for the lack of a diesel engine. I may order one to replace my nearly 20 years old Taco.

Yeah yeah!

But if you cannot have a Tacoma Trail Hunter there is this:

Toot toot!

008.JPG

Ha ha ha ah ha haha ha ha ha ha ah ha!

Still gotta be diesel and manual for me!

this
IMG_7515.jpeg

and I walk to the water, if it’s to far to walk I dive somewhere else, not leaving a wagon on the beach for someone to steal.

Back
Top Bottom