Hauling equipment, what do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,

I'm older and hauling my equipment from where I've parked hundreds of meters to the water's edge is getting more annoying every year. What are you using to haul your equipment around? Are you using wagons, wheelbarrows or sherpas?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

The collapsible canvas wagons are what I use. I get them on Amazon. I get the one rated for 300lbs and has the wide wheels. I abuse them and have to replace maybe every 18-24 months. I’ve got osteoarthritis in both knees and so cart is also used for hauling groceries and trash. Cart is used to haul gear to from car from my ground floor apt, too.

I’ve hauled a pair of steel LP85s and an AL40 at once. My rebreather and bailout now gets carted around in it.

When I need to haul heavy doubles, which I do as seldom as possible, I use a collapsible ... whatever-it's-called-in-English, one of these. It takes up very little space in the trunk and you fold it out and put the heavy things on it.

68106249306142.jpg

The Tipke carts seem to be a popular option, available on amazon, direct or from Lee Valley (if you prefer green)

Expensive(but cheap in the context of what its gonna be holding!), but a 30lb cart that folds up and can transport up to 300ish lbs seems worth it.

Attachments

• Fold_It_Cart_Blue_600px.jpg
    Fold_It_Cart_Blue_600px.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 55
Minions.

MacSports XL Heavy Duty Collapsible Outdoor Folding Wagon​

Thanks for the idea using the folding carpts/wagons. As I am getting older they are a great option. This site is full of good information

Been using this for year. Cannot dive without it now.

Back
Top Bottom