Hatenberger or Greenforce?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently bought myself a Gilan Traveller Umbilical. This is the cheaper version of the very sophisticated Traveller Plus ( which can be converted into, i think, the smallest HID available this moment)
It's performance is impressive, NiMH all time charge batteries, quick charger and 3 hours burntime. I paid Eur 565,-
check out www.gilan.nl They do have a rather small part in English.

spurtill once bubbled...
Yep, looked at the JMD and was tempted, but I had a cheap umbilical before and left the charging cap off as i grabbed the torch in the wee hours of the morning to go diving. Stupid but i know i'm likely to do the same again. So i'd like something that i either have to take apart totally to charge or that does not have to be opened to charge to try and avoid the same problem.

JMD doesn't lool like its going to fit nice ansd neat between the cylinders either like most of the umbilicals will, minor point but still.

The JMD may be relatively low cost (when compared to some of the other offerings) but it certainly can't be described as a cheap torch (in terms of quality.) It also does fit very nicely between the tanks although I agree it doesn't look like it does. I certainly would give it another look and with the Dive Show coming up you'll probably get a good deal on one.

By the way there was a guy looking to sell a Hartenberger umbilical on UK diving. He might still have it . I'll pm you with the details.

My friend bought a MAL (www.mal-lighting.com) 10W HID with 4.5h runtime. The price of this HID light is equal to the halogen lights of Halcyon.
:wacko:
I'm just planning to buy their HLD light, does anyone got any experiences with this kind of light?
Hai-Su:

spurtill once bubbled...
The Solly looks nice but the RRP is 750 which is starting to go a little higher than i want to go.

Those catches at the side look like they are begging to be flicked open under the water everytime they brush off something. Are they a easily opened as they look?

The catches lock and would be very hard to open accidentally.

Also I'd get a quote on the price before you rule it out. I'm not
sure what the going rate is, but mine was a lot cheaper than the msrp.

I got mine here: http://www.nwsportsdivers.com/

Go for a Kolwalski!!

They are much cheaper. You are looking at €300 for the 620 Speed and the light off them is fantastic. The burn time is only 50minutes on full power but they only take 90 minutes to charge which should be your surface interval anyway.

I have one and although I have recently had a few battery problems the aftersales service is excellent. They can;t find the problem with mine so they are replacing it for FREE:) !

Enjoy your diving!:fight:

Back
Top Bottom