Has anyone tried these no name rechargeables before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes all were on par with the ratings, I would like to suggest you pick up this charger/conditioner. It will charge your batteries or you can tell it to condition them which will drain the batteries first and then charge them up. Best charger I have every owned hands down and I believe this is why my batteries are lasting so long.

At the price they charged, I'll get over it pretty quickly if they're crap.

---------- Post added April 29th, 2013 at 04:39 PM ----------

I have 6 10,000 mAh D cell LSD batteries from here.
Bought them few years back and still have amazing runtimes. Granted they were $10 each...

Didn't see any high capacity C cells on the site though.

Strange... would have thought they carried them if they had the D cells.

I have bought some NiMH 11.000mAh cells from eBay (no name ) and have cycled them several times work pretty good 12V11Ah.jpg .

Have soldered them together in pack (10 cells ) and voila .

Cycle are made and measured by charger with remote PC connection.

Last edited:
D'oh! Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. I just doubled down on some Tenergy 5000mAH NiMH C cells and bought a couple more (dumb) chargers.

I'm a shore diver using 4 modified DRIS 1000 lumen lights for video (3 batteries each). My dives typically last 45 to 70 minutes and I turn on/off the lights at the surface, so add 5 to 15 minutes run time to that. With Alkalines I could get two dives with power to spare. Lately, using the NiMH cells, I've noticed significant dimming during the second dive so bought a second set to swap between dives.

Any suggestions vis-à-vis an analyzer I could use to evaluate my batteries? I'm not convinced I'm charging them properly with my dumb charger.

quality charger you can use for all kinds and battery types .... not wasted money in any way !

Any suggestions vis-à-vis an analyzer I could use to evaluate my batteries? I'm not convinced I'm charging them properly with my dumb charger.

yes because you can track many parameters of charging simultaneously . And quality chargers have adaptive charging alogarithms .
For instance : as seen from my graph in last hours it rises up voltage to maximize capacity (11Ah 10x mono D NiMH).

Back
Top Bottom