Has anyone used rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion AA/AAA batteries in dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Unlike traditional alkaline and 1.2V NiMH batteries that experience voltage drops over time, the rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries can maintain a stable 1.5V output throughout the usage, this characteristic makes these 1.5V Li-ion batteries are very suitable for devices that require long-term, steady high-voltage output. You may have a multitude of devices that can benefit from the higher voltage and medium draw. Has anyone tried the rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion AA/AAA batteries in your dive lights? Btw, what devices do you want to use the rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries on? Welcome to comment below!

I find them hard to locate and very expensive once I do.

I was looking to source some to make packs for some friends' Megaladon rebreathers as they get through the alkaline packs I make very quickly. It was a bit too costly to go ahead.

Yours look good but your warning about charging would be a problem as I'd need to put 5 cells in series with a spot welder and then charge with a constant voltage supply.

Thanks for your kind comment. May I know what kind of charger you are looking for? We have this BC8 charger which can charge rechargeable 1.5V and 1.2V AA/AAA batteries for your reference:

And now we are holding a campaign online about 1.5V XTAR Lithium battery reviewers wanted. If you are interested in testing it, can submit the application here: Reviewer Recruitment

Back
Top Bottom