Has anyone bought from divetank.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought 2 Suunto Cobra computers. They arrived in about 10 days as promised. I can't wait to get them in the water.

I bought my drysuit from dive tank as posted earlier in this thread. When I received it my Quattro's didnt fit with my new trek boots so I ordered new fins from Dive Tank also. Just received them today. Richard and Shannen are great. I will continue to do biz with them.

bought a xcd2 from them, very pleased with the service. they will also allow you to split the payment half now and half in thirty days, shipping the suit when the 1st payment is made.

Slider2268:
bought a xcd2 from them, very pleased with the service. they will also allow you to split the payment half now and half in thirty days, shipping the suit when the 1st payment is made.

I've just received my fourth or fifth order, over the last three years, from Divetank. Previous items include Apeks 200 regs, a Suunto Cobra, a Bare Drysuit (the R2D2 or whatever compressed neop model) , and a couple of sets of Apollo pro XT biofins. The latest item was the Suunto USB PC interface...For $94US where my LDS would have charged me $200CAD and cost another $28 in taxes. (I buy from the LDS when his prices come within 10 or sometimes even 20%).

Much prefer them to outfits like leisurepro because these people appear to be divers and/or people who are at least knowledgable about diving, and also because they've been reasonably helpful with things like throwing in minor accessories after the intial purchase, as well as with advice, and also with taking the extra trouble to save me money send items by US or Canadian post, when this was appropriate.

These people have been pretty good to me, even if I've never had an air fill or face-to-face meeting with any of them.

The Kraken:
Given the fact that most LDS's can't maintain an inventory of all sizes and models of garments for the general populus to try on, Richard at Dive Tank seems to have gained the knowledge and wisdom to extract from a potential customer that infomation which will serve to put him or her into the suit that absolutely conforms to the specific body. I purchased a Bare XCD2 Tech from Dive Tank. Richard picked my brain for all of the information that I could possibly give him.

the K

I recently decided to upgrade my drysuit to a DUI CLX450 and Divetank gave me a really good deal. Not only did Richard beat my LDS's price by a few hundred dollars, but he threw in free fleece, boots and gloves. I'll be diving this coming weekend with my new suit so I'll post my results.

awall54308:
I just bought 2 Suunto Cobra computers. They arrived in about 10 days as promised. I can't wait to get them in the water.

Do the Suunto computers come with the warranty card? I'm thinking of getting a computer from Divetank but I'm concerned about the warranty issue.

lil_chure:
Do the Suunto computers come with the warranty card? I'm thinking of getting a computer from Divetank but I'm concerned about the warranty issue.

Absolutely !! Mftr's warranty card. Divetank is an authorized reseller for the brand names they have on their website. No shady-market warranty issues.

I did go to their physical storefront in Vancouver one day back at the beginning of August, because I wanted to try different sizes of suits and undergarments. Met Richard (owner) and Shannen (really runs the place)....they're easy to deal with and offer prices that can't be beat.

I can't say enough good things about Richard and Shannen !! I saved probably about $1500 compared to buying locally.

They stand behind their money back - no questions satisfaction guarantee. I bought :
Bare XCD2 Pro (shoulder entry) suit
Apeks ATX50 regs with TX40 octopus
SeaQuest Pro-XLT BCD
Apollo Bio-Fin XT's
Bare CT200 & Trek boots
Suunto SPG/compass console with a Vyper computer with Suunto dive manager USB
and some other bits and pieces.

I had everything arrive as ordered, within about 10 days. The suit was in stock and didn't require modifications...I think they had to wait a day or 2 for the fins to come in before shipping everything. Took everything out for a test dive, and found that the fins (size XL) didn't like my size 12 feet in Trek boots, and I really didn't care for the shoulder entry style of suit. I called Shannen, she said "no problems...." I sent the suit and the fins back with no questions and no restocking or other fees....full refund.

Then I changed my drysuit to the Bare XCD2 Tech (self entry), and asked them to add factory cuff-rings and shorten the legs 1". No problems.....Shannen hounded Bare for me and I had the new suit in less than 2 weeks from date of order. And....they didn't put the charge on my credit card until AFTER I'd test dove the new setup and was happy with everything. (I wound up buying Volo Power fins in the USA...Divetank didn't carry Mares equipment).

Divetank will get my business for gear each time. Local dive shops may not like it, but we're talking better service (the local dive shop said a suit from Bare could be 2 months between order and delivery), better prices (by more than just a few $$), and incredible skill at doing what's right for the customer.

Don't fret doing business with Divetank.....you'll love them !!

Craig

jtkkym:
I saw divetank.com have pretty good deal on Bare wetsuit, Suunto computer, and Apex Regs. It sounds like they are the authorized dealer but I’m wondering the divetank.com is legit store. Does anyone know?

I bought a BARE drysuit froim them. Could not get better service or be happier with my purchase. Highly recommend them. Richard is a cool guy!

I bought my Bare drysuit from them and everything met my expectations. Richard (a very experienced diver) is a great guy to work with strives very hard to make every buying experience a pleasure. Their guaranteed 60-day fit policy with the paid return shipping is also a great plus in case something doesn't fit. I'm in NJ so standard shipping (USPS) does take awhile (about 14 days). I still buy from Leisurepro (they're 30 miles from me) but DiveTank"s service is outstanding.
I would definitely recommend them.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom