Has anyone bought from divetank.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Each time but the latest (which is enroute, so I can't tell yet) there was a problem with my order. Why do I keep going back? Well, problems are inevitable. What's important is how they're responded to. Each time the response was quick and effective. Their prices are good and they are impressively good at fitting wetsuits over the phone. I was *positive* I needed one size, and Richard browbeat me into ordering another. He was right. The service is on a par with that of ScubaToys, which largely carries different stuff. I will buy from both companies again.

Richard and Shannon are great. I just bought a drysuit from them. Outstanding customer service so far. I also thought I needed an extra large but Richard convinced me to get the large. It's not here yet so we'll see who was right. :10:
Bob

I do try to buy from my scuba dealer, but when I do buy from the net I usually go to scuba toys.com. I've bought a two peice wet suit and some weights from them. Their pricing is very good and the equipment is top notch.

Yo don't realise the mark up that a scuba shop has until you check out scuba toys, and see a product that your dealer has told you about and the price. I saw a bc that
I may be interested in. What he'll sell it to me is about 460. At scuba toys I could get it for about 200.

How ever I think that it wold be kinda sucky if these scuba shops start going out of business, becuase these shops on the net are driving them out of business.

By the way I got the idea of scuba toys from this web site.

I just purchased my new drysuit from Richard at Dive Tank. They are very friendly and very helpful. I used paypal, which is pretty convient, because I wanted to use my AMEX to get all those points. I havent received my suit yet but can;t wait to get it. I hope it fits perfect, but I am not worried either, their have great return policies. I just want it to fit so I can go diving right now!!

I bought my Bare Drysuit and a couple of pairs of Apollo Pro XT from Divetank last year. The price for the suit was much better than the LDS's and the LDS was reluctant to order the fins, and quoted almost twice DT's price. LDS owner (he's the only shop in town) has tried to tell me I was just lucky to get a suit that fit so well by MO and admits that I got a bargain, and Bare has assured me that they warranty and will service the suit. I couldn't have afforded these items at LDS prices.

I also bought two APeks ATX 200 reg sets for my daughter from a similar-sounding outfit that works out of the same area, and offered much lower prices than the LDS. These both looked brand new, and came in original APEKS packaging, but were described as having been used two to four times for "equipment evauation". Although they worked perfectly, it was interesting to note that the warranty page had been removed from the manual. However, this may be another outfit, and they were described as (technically) used items and both regs have functioned flawlessly.

BUT I would check or ask a little further about their APEKS products.

erich

Did they tell you about his in advance before making order?

erichK:
These both looked brand new, and came in original APEKS packaging, but were described as having been used two to four times for "equipment evauation". Although they worked perfectly, it was interesting to note that the warranty page had been removed from the manual. However, this may be another outfit, and they were described as (technically) used items and both regs have functioned flawlessly.
erich

spabula:
I just purchased my new drysuit from Richard at Dive Tank. They are very friendly and very helpful. I used paypal, which is pretty convient, because I wanted to use my AMEX to get all those points. I havent received my suit yet but can;t wait to get it. I hope it fits perfect, but I am not worried either, their have great return policies. I just want it to fit so I can go diving right now!!

Did you get your suit yet? How did it work out for you?

Bob

scubabob123:
Did you get your suit yet? How did it work out for you?

Bob

I did receive my suit and all the accessories. They actually shipped me the wroong size by accident but caught it and sent me the right size the following day. I just sent back the wrong sized suit and they paid for the shipping. A minor inconvience but worthwhile since they tell me I can dive in my new suit and if I dont like it send it back. They have a better warranty with the Bare suits than everyone else, I think that has something to do with the fact that they sell so many of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom