Has a mask strap ever broken on you while diving?

Has a mask strap ever broken on you while diving?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my first mask when I was 5 years old. I've been using masks since then. I've had straps break down, but never while diving. A break down usually involved degrading rubber (pre silicon days), bugs/animals chewing on strap, inadvertent cut or damage to the strap while on the surface. All of these were really easy to spot in the surface before actually taking it down to the water. But these days, where all my masks are stored in its "tupperware" containers masks straps are more protected and last longer.

So I just want to get a basic idea of how often mask strap problems arise in real world conditions.
Excellent! there are very few things that could happen underwater that a clear and calm mind cant solve safely. Great of the instructor to praise and build up confidence after the incident with the mask. shows what difference good training and a great instructor makes in diving. again technical divers always use backup for masks etc. might be a good idea to start implement these ideas for recreational divers as well. might be a good idea to start stealing more ideas from the technical community. (alternative air source etc is from the cave community with leader sheck exley and company). have a great diving year all scubaboard members!!!
kind regards
jonas samuelsson
padi platinum course director./trimix technical instructor trainer
team blue immersion and team fourth element
www.blue-immersion.org
Drysuit Undersuits - Diving Wetsuits - Dive Clothing : Fourth Element

teamblueimmersion@gmail.com
Dahab Egypt (Technical Diving), Eilat Israel (IDC and MSDT), Koh Tao Thailand (Change of Lifestyle and Gap Year Programs)

Back
Top Bottom