Harness adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

207diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently switched to a bp/w after a couple hundred dives in a traditional bcd. With about 15 dives on it so far I love it but I'm still trying to fine tune the adjustment. Everything I have read says I should be able to easily reach the top of the plate between my shoulder blades. I can just barely touch the top of the plate but if I tighten everything up so that plate rides higher the shoulder straps are far too tight. Am I missing somthing? I'm 6'3" if that matters. I have decent flexibility but I'm sure it could be improved on.

if you're 6'3" and it's a normal sized backplate, you have one adjustment that is going to be off. It's either going to be the waist strap height *i.e. at your bellybutton*, or you won't be able to reach the top of the plate. Pros and cons to both and it's up to you as to which is more comfortable. I usually choose to prioritize the waist strap and the top of the plate ends up wherever it ends up. I have DSS long pattern plates to solve that though which is ideal

Thanks! It is a regular plate so I will have to deal with the plate being a bit low.

Standing up on deck or in the water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom