Happy October II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll arrive at the Aldora Villas tomorrow evening, October 14. We haven't stayed there before and we're wondering if there is a place to dry wetsuits after diving? I know most of our gear stays with the shop after diving, so that's not a problem. We usually stay at The Blue Angel on an upper floor and can string clothesline across the balcony to dry stuff. We are going to be in the Alexander room and I can't tell from the picture on the Aldora website if there's a place to dry things out. Any info would help. Thanks!

Yes, there's a nice, well-ventilated room with a rinse tank and hangers.

Thanks for the info, Lorenzoid. Do people leave their wetsuits in there overnight?

Yes, and it is ultra secure—just steps from the pool and Alexander Suite.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Thanks for your reply, Dave. We sure are looking forward to our first stay at the Villa. We hope we get to meet you!

Fiance and I will be staying at the Villas next week for our first trip to Cozumel. I can't begin to explain how slow this week has went by. We can't wait to meet Dave and the rest of the Scubaboarders on Saturday.

A bit less elaborate than the last party (no body-painted, feathered, pre-Hispanic dancers this week), but no less Dave's killer margaritas and dive lies among the festive ScubaBoarders celebrating.
:cheers:
Many thanks to Dave; to Chris, Chris, and Matt who worked hard to get the munchies, the mood, and the drinks going; and to Momia who showed with mountain of lionfish ceviche and guacamole. :stirpot:

We doing it again soon, Dave? :drunks:

Sounds like ya'll had great fun with a great crew and a great view! You should plan another in December. Maybe, possibly, mid-Decemberish? You know.... between the 4th and 16th? I don't know, that just sounds like a good time to party. :rocker:

Sounds like Aldora did it up right. Thanks for sharing the photos and mazel tov on your anniversary Aldora!

A big margarita on The 27th seems like a great idea....and 28th...and 29th all the way through the first.... 15 days can't pass soon enough! Don't worry about going broke....Broke is my business!

Can't wait! It's been a tough 6 months!

Jay
just to give you something good to read before your trip.

Diving has been great. have seen maybe 30 minutes of rain since Tuesday. Not much current at all. There are plenty of tanks full of air waiting for you at the Villa. haven't taken advantage yet but will as soon as I catch up on sleep.

Dove Devils Throat today for the first time

Sad thing is my vacation will be over by the time you guys get here.

Last edited:
Always next year. We plan on being in Coz for Halloween until we can't travel anymore. We have a chance to go to Roatan in March so I may miss my birthday trip in April. Have a great time for threat of your stay! Enjoy the scallops at Guidos for me!

Safe travels,
Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom