Happy New Year's Eve Day Ningaloo style

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
First photos for a while here...perhaps the first of many more for the new year.

Found this good sized cuttlefish on a dive the other day. He was fairly cooperative, though wouldn't let me as close as I would have liked in some shots. He kept showing me his siphon...not sure what's up with that :11: Here are two G rated ones...

8823cuttleface_cu1.jpg

8823cuttleangleV1.jpg

Enjoy

Great photos - but truly a face only a Mother could love.

Becky

Nice shots! Looks like you got close enough. As for the siphon, mother nature isn't always G rated:wink:

Very cool! I wish we had them on this side of the island. Although I did see a teeny tiny one while on the line yesterday....must've been lost.

Nice pics - happy New Year's eve day to you, it is still an hour away here. Isn't SB great I can even time travel :D.

I'm hoping to find a mating group again this year...found one last year and ran out of video tape on the dive watching them! Didn't have my still camera with me on that one...

I love the 'sparkely' colors these guys have.

Thanks for getting the New Year started properly!

Great pictures. I could spend hours watching cuttlefish and the rest of the cephlapod [spelling] family.

alcina:
I'm hoping to find a mating group again this year...found one last year and ran out of video tape on the dive watching them! Didn't have my still camera with me on that one...

I saw a mating pair once in Burma in February last year. On that trip, I saw cuttlefish courting each other just about everyday but only saw one mating pair. Hopefully I will see something similar again in Feb when I plan to go to Burma again (hopefully).

Hopefully I will get to see Ningaloo soon too :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom