Hamilton Pool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, me and the hubby, ChrisPete, are interested in joining the Hamilton Pool diving. We live about 5 miles away from there (in Deer Creek Ranch) and we keep meaning to dive it but haven't gotten around to it yet. Since we live so close we are willing to offer our house up as a base camp for everyone. I don't know of any local camping areas.
We were at the Swampers meet at the Oasis a year ago and have met some of y'all. It has been a bad year for diving and we haven't been able to go since last May. We are both dying to get wet and we would really like to start diving with others.
Melissa and Chris Peterman

Melissa wanted me to post a followup to our invite. I looked around and there is really only camping at two places near Hamilton Pool as Reimers doesn't allow camping. The first is Pedernales State Park which is ~10-15 miles away via farm roads (i.e. they might be dirt roads in places) or ~20-25 miles via decent roads. Mansfield Dam on Lake Travis is the next nearest spot to camp with about a 20-25 mile drive.

We have room to serve as an after BBQ/party/whatnot crash pad for some of you guys inside the house in the guest BR and office and room for more if you don't mind sleeping in the living room on the couch, papsans, floor, etc. We also have plenty of room for tents if anyone wanted to camp in the yard - we even have a fire pit in the backyard for a bonfire if everyone's so inclined.

We just wanted to extend that invite, in addition to offering the house as a base camp, for anyone who would like to stay here since we are right down the road from Hamilton Pool. Inside accomodations are on a "shotgun" basis. We do have electricity and water available outside for anyone who might want those things - no primitive camping in our yard, nosiree :wink:

Chris & Melissa

First weekend in May I will unfortunately be up in Washington working on a film. But yall have fun and we will have to do it again when I can come!

~Jess

LOL! We have extention cords and a garden hose, he means! Fire pit... ha! That's the burn pile. This is the country, folks. At least all the toilets and tubs work (when we have water!) :D

Aw, no burying waste 16 inches under the surface? I'd be game, but there better not be any poision ivy in that pile, I just got over the last case I got from my buddy being an idiot and burning anything in dragging distance.

RumBum:
LOL! We have extention cords and a garden hose, he means! Fire pit... ha! That's the burn pile. This is the country, folks. At least all the toilets and tubs work (when we have water!) :D

If you put a chair or two next to it, then you can call it a 'fire pit' :D

And a stump suitable for sitting on counts as a chair :wink:

Sorry you won't be able to make it this one jess, but we can run out any nice weekend. And I'll take my camera and post some pics.

The beer is brewing!
BTW if anyone wants smaller tanks to lug up and down the hill, Mack has some AL50's at Oakhill Scuba he'd probably consider renting out.

Back
Top Bottom