Hamanasi resort in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wondering if anyone had been here lately ,most info I could find on SB is old. Looking at a week here in late July ,all opinons are welcome .

Cheers
Michael

I visited the place once but have never stayed there. Looks nice.

FWIW, I've read a lot of Hamanasi reviews and trip reports and they were all overwhelmingly positive.

Downing
Thanks and all the reveiws I have read were good I just was wondering if any SB had been there .

Cheers
Michael

Michael,

Just returned after spending Christmas week there. The resort is first class for accommodations, food and wonderful people. The hospitality is warm and genuine. Great variety of inland adventures and diving.

The dive operation and boats are on premise. If you bring your own gear, the gear is dropped at the dive shop the day you arrive. The dive crew brings your gear to the boat each trip and cleans the gear at the end of the day. Spoils you quickly. C-Dog was our Dive Master. He insures that you completely enjoy each dive. I included the Blue Hole and Glovers Reef atolls in my itinerary.

We zip lined, kayaked, and hiked in the rain forest. My wife and son took drumming lesson in Hopkins.

Did I mention the food? Oustanding in variety and quality.

I am including some pictures from a great week. Let me know if you have specific questions I may answer.

David

82 Dive Boat.jpg82.5 Coast #1.jpg82.6 Coast #3.jpg84 Blue Hole #2.jpg85 Banded Shrimp #4.jpg88 Surface Interval Island.jpg895 Lion Fish #3.jpg897 Lobster.jpg898 Nassau Grouper #2.jpg900 Nurse Shark.jpg901 Puffer.jpg902 Spotted Eagle Ray.jpg903 Spotted Moray.jpg904 Turtle #2.jpg905 Drummers #2.jpg

David
Thanks for the info ,thats what I was looking for .

Cheers
Michael

Is there any snorkeling right off the shore at Hamanasi? I dive, but my wife does not, so we snorkel together a lot on our trips. I know there are boat trips to snorkel, but having some nice places close to our room would be very nice. Deciding between Hamanasi, and Iguanna on Caye Caulker.

Is there any snorkeling right off the shore at Hamanasi? I dive, but my wife does not, so we snorkel together a lot on our trips. I know there are boat trips to snorkel, but having some nice places close to our room would be very nice. Deciding between Hamanasi, and Iguanna on Caye Caulker.

gmtrs45,
Hope this isn't too late but my wife and I stayed there in Dec 2011 (before we scuba certified) and snorkeling was included in the package price for taking the boats to the reef. Snorkeling just off shore is not very good we were told so we never tried it (not much to see). But since the boats were included we just took them each morning out to the reef and snorkeled at the reef.

My wife and I have also been planning a trip it Belize in July. We looked at the Hamansi Resort site as well, our travel agent highly recommended Hamanasi Resort for the fact that I am a diver and my wife isn't. This would give us the best of both worlds. Diving and a land based vacation. However I wanted to do two "must" dives. The Great Blue Hole and dive with Whale Sharks. I could have done both if we were going in March, April, May or even June. Since we are in Belize in July we chose a more northerly vacation spot.

However, to my dismay after reading several great reviews here on SB, I think we "I" made the wrong choice. I was more influenced by the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor had mixed reviews from both divers and non-divers. I should have gone with my gut and just stuck to my original plan.

We have already tentatively already set a plan in motion to stay there next spring at the start of the April full moon. This will put me in Belize just in time for a little Whale Shark action... I hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYSHEYE, have you told us where you are staying in July. Sorry if I should already know this from another thread.

I just spent 10 days up the road from Hamanasi, I didn't stay at the resort but I walked around it, it was beautiful and well maintained, Aslo we and saw their guests kayaking, tubing, and diving, the equipment looked new and well maintained. The guests looked happy and were enjoying their tours. I can't speak for the accommodation but the service I received while visiting the resort was excellent. My only warning is to wear deet all the time, their trails are sand between the buildings and I received dozens of sand fly bites during my 1hr visit to the resort. Made for a miserable rest of my vacation.

We rented a car and a duplex just up the road and dove with Hopkins underwater adventure. We choose this only because my husband and I don't enjoy the all inclusive cattle drive experience, instead we prefer doing our own thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom