Hallucinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kitten :wink:, we all know that Ansell is cursed. Just blame it on the curse. :D

I wish there was some explanation I could come up with, but as you know, I got nothing.

S. starfish:
There is a sewage outflow at this place though. Didn't know what it actulay was until my buddy got blasted with lovely brown cloud a few weeks ago. Couldn't stop laughing for three days.
Hallucinations while diving near sewage outflow. OMG - I'd have a talk with DAN at least. You don't have to be a member.

But what could be in sewage that could cause such problems...? :11:

SeanQ:
I'm willing to bet it's not a camera...
Ha! Actually that pipe did seem pretty clean on the inside, so I don't think it's used too often. I didn't swim that far up it though. As for the Vancouver situation, I remember diving at Kelvin Grove (back when it was easy) a few times. There was always a cloud of white bits floating around underwater off the beach. We eventually realised it was toilet paper when we saw the pumping station on the shore. As for the hallucination, have you considered plankton? It's the start of the plankton bloom season and you can get seriously screwed if you eat bivalves that have accumulated too much of the toxins from certian kinds of plankton. I don't know what would happen if you swallowed a bit of water with the right stuff in it.

swankenstein:
It's the start of the plankton bloom season and you can get seriously screwed if you eat bivalves that have accumulated too much of the toxins from certian kinds of plankton. I don't know what would happen if you swallowed a bit of water with the right stuff in it.
Oops, I just realised that this incident was a few months ago when there isn't much plankton, but you never know.

Sewage Diver: not a specialty course I'm interested in yet :wink:

S. starfish:
There is a sewage outflow at this place though. Didn't know what it actulay was until my buddy got blasted with lovely brown cloud a few weeks ago. Couldn't stop laughing for three days.
Okay, thanks for sharing... that is definately scratched off my sites to dive list!!!!

The only thing the three of us had in common was that we rode in the same vehicle,

check the vehicle for exhaust leak in to the car. The carbon monoxide could be at levels too low to be symptomatic until you were all at depth.

Just a thought, November,all divers in same vehicle. Were windows up with heat on?
Not too long ago an officer was lost to CO poisioning while doing reports with his vehicle idleling. Defective exhaust system was cause, since then all vehicles were monitored for CO leakage. Here's a link to some of symptoms of CO poisioning.

http://www.carbon-monoxide-poisoning.com/effects.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom