Halloween MegaDive @ Ginnie Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck:
Hey guys--just finally checking in after all the 'Cane excitement......still planning on joining the fun; please feel free to task me with any items to bring, etc.
Anyone interested in "sharing" a campsite?--I don't figure I need to hog a whole one to myself....I'll provide plenty of amusement to everyone in attempting to set up a tent for the first time....should provide a few laughs!
I am thinking about camping this time. It's been years. I'll share a site with you.
I bought a new tent a few years ago but have never used it. We can "Laurel & Hardy" it together. "This is another fine mess you've gotten me into." :jestera:

Simon--yup, I know I pay per person; just thought I read that we're to reserve campsites on our own--no need for 4 people to hog 4 campsites, when we'd all fit on one, eh? Then again, I'm far from being an expert--though I probably don't need to point that out. And city folk my foot--I grew up mucking horse stalls--yup, imagine me in boots and chaps....

Chuck; sounds like a plan, so long as you don't mind my screeching at the bugs. I'll try not to poke your eye out. :) Being the klutz in the group, I will however probably poke out my own.

KBeck:
And city folk my foot--I grew up mucking horse stalls--yup, imagine me in boots and chaps....
:07:

Don't know if I'll dive at Gennie - but I am working on the creative financing of getting up there for it.

Yeh i wasnt sure about that whole reserving sites statement when you can get loads of people in one site, was just hoping that you (and others) realised you can do it that way - between you all, you dont have to reserve the entire camping area (every site available at Ginnie)!! I wasnt sure if you had camped there before or what you might have thought when visiting the humble camp hubs (DSW/Gibbon/myself or Jenny/Bulla's/whoever else i cant recall all who were in that site).

If i were going, i would pay the entrance fee just to watch the erection of some tents that first day, would be rolling around :wink: Wishing i was still going to be there, but other duties call, maybe next time (hopefully).

BTW, Krista - are you bringing your boots and chaps to Ginnie? Part of the themed party? :wink:

To Krista and anyone else planning on camping. The area immediately behind the camp area is where Simon parked his car and the majority of tents were pitched last time. There is plenty of room in there for at least three large tents. I am bringing one of them and the site next to us has at least that much room as well. It was where Jaxdiver had the 5th wheel setup. Just let them know you will be in site 40-41. They will be informed that this is a group and there will be more than one person in each site. :) I'm using #40 for myself and for cooking primarilly, but can share power. Site #41 is just for tents, so that site will be very nice for 3-5 tents. It just seemed simpler to get two of my own and anyone that showed up and couldn't get a site with ele could share. We have a masive area behind and adjoining us for primitive. (Has water, no electric.)
I'll send Andy an updated list after this weekend. There are only a few changes to attendees. If you have posted here that you are in, you are IN! Unless you have posted that you are out. Like Simon the Scubabunny on crack with A.D.D., Jonesing for a dive buddy at 3 a.m.! :p I plan on setting up camp on Friday VERY early, and starting to cook on site. Unless you have reserved your own site already, just come in and pay for camping. Tell them you'll be in primitive behind site 40. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a place for a tent.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
The area immediately behind the camp area is where Simon parked his car and the majority of tents were pitched last time.
I promise i didnt park on top of any tents or campers during the last event!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Like Simon the Scubabunny on crack with A.D.D., Jonesing for a dive buddy at 3 a.m.! :p I plan on setting up camp on Friday VERY early, and starting to cook on site.
Ok, i have had an idea, i need to be in Tampa around 4pm on friday, which leaves me able to dive that morning and maybe the night before as well. Anyone thinking of getting there thursday night or diving on friday morning (probably til about 1-1.30pm)?? This assumes you will be thinking of getting there around 8am to get a dive or two in before lunch - this was not the case last time as 8buck can probably tell you when we got in the water (or DSW and Gibbon can tell you whilst we waited, and waited and waited for others to come along around the camp - me bouncing off the preverbial walls/trees). If so i might be able to get up there for a little wet stuff, otherwise i will just catch you all for the manatee cookout :wink:

DEEPSEAWOLF:
There are only a few changes to attendees. If you have posted here that you are in, you are IN! Unless you have posted that you are out.

I will definitely be there for Saturday diving and merriment. I will know more in a couple of weeks concerning my ability to pay for any more. I am suddenly very strapped for cash. The $3500 chimney chase rebuild uncovered damage all around so the revised estimate is $7000-$8000!! :icon10: That's the bad thing about problems you can't afford to fix for a long time. You know more damage is being done, but you just don't have the cash. At least now it will be done, and the new roof is going on next week, Ivan permitting.

Amyway, I will see you all there at least for Saturday!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Unless you have reserved your own site already, just come in and pay for camping. Tell them you'll be in primitive behind site 40. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a place for a tent.

Does this place lock up at night? I do plan on camping primitive(dont' know of any other way :wink: ), however, I won't be in town until 1-2AM your time(I lose an hour in transit). I'm curious if I'll be able to pay at the gate or if I'll be required to prepay and possibly need to arrange to get a gate combination or somethin...?..¿

Thanks Ken!!! Cleared that right up--I guess I'll take up some space at the "primitive" section--solely because I don't actually own anything that would require electric. See, I do know how to live the simple life--I don't even own a cooler! :)
And Simon, do't own them anymore, though I may be able to find that riding crop.

I am hoping to take off Friday and Monday from work to have a nice long weekend...assuming this storm season will ever end. Don't know if I'll drive up Thurs. PM or Fri. AM yet.

KBeck:
Chuck; sounds like a plan, so long as you don't mind my screeching at the bugs. I'll try not to poke your eye out. :) Being the klutz in the group, I will however probably poke out my own.
Between your screeching and my snoring plus anyother sounds of the night it should be very restfull. Ahhh the cacophony of camping.

KBeck:
And Simon, do't own them anymore, though I may be able to find that riding crop.
Sounds like fun. This IS sounding better. Now you have me chewing at the bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom