"Halloween" dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you guys going to clean your pumpkins out BEFORE you go underwater? Or are you guys going to clean them out underwater? Underwater Pumpkin carving contests have gone on for over 30 years. Some of the local guys that have done it HIGHLY recommend cleaning out the pumpking before you go underwater then placing a lead weight inside to make it negative. I would hate to have a sharp object out trying to carve on something positive bouyant and muck up the viz with pumpking guts. Y U C K ! Wear a Hood to keep the mess out of your ears.

if there is some way to do an UW trick or treat type thing. The UW scary Halloween creatures would be kind of fun.

What are we judging the pumpkins on...time taken, artistic value?

judging should look at artistic qualities. Maybe we should give or take points based on ones ability to not destroy the viz while carving UW.

OR, we could just go and have FUN and let everyone VOTE and the best pumpkin.

come up with any costume ideas for this dive? I have been looking and have some ideas.

What ideas do you have?

....scary uh. (yes speedos and all.)

Chad

I didn't know you could be narced out of your gourd nearly 1,000feet above sea level:confused:

Truly a scary thought--you in the speedo:eek:

:blfish: This sounds like lots of fun but when would this shindig be happin (time)?? Because the ACT is on the 26th and it is not over till 1:00pm, and would we be camping??

ps = Hey Jim and Chad

dive will start at 1:00p.m. on the 26th. Some folks will probably camp and some may not. Hopefully we will get in a night dive but it will be before the witching hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom