"Halloween" dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks JBD,

You are sooooo understanding. :jester:

BTW, did you go to Joe's last Sunday?

and had a good time. We had 2 hours and 10 minutes underwater. Chad only used one tank(PST 104) Water was warm and viz was about 25 feet.

If you can make it come on up socal.

I think the best place for a Halloween dive would be Lake Carnico. JBD took us diving there last weekend...it's pretty creepy on a normal day! Visibility is pretty much 0...we could put some "dead dummies" in there and do a search and recovery. That would be scary!

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
They float (I think) that is half the fun...trying to keep it down while you are working on it.

Chad

Chad's right, punkins float! That part of the fun of doing it underwater. Designing a system that will hold it down while you carv on it, instead of overweighting yourself and holding it between your knees, is that challenge.

Some contests I've been allowed them to be hollowed out first...it wasn't near as much fum to do or to watch!

Tips:

1) Puncture that sucker as soon as you hit the bottom to let the air out and put a weight inside to hold it down.
2) Pre-draw your face on it. Just one less thing to have to think about.
3) Make sure your design is appropriate for the cutting tool you use. An intricate design is hard to do with a machete sized dive knife!

Thanks for the tips Dee.

Why don't you come up and help us out? It would be great to meet you,

Chad

Maybe next year we can plan a Piranha/Swampers trip to somewhere in the middle....or maybe Panama City!

Sound like a great idea to me. We might even invite the other chapters.

Chad

Dee! To everyone who is going to participate--please keep Dee's thoughts about carving tool size in mind. A big knife may make things pretty difficult.

You are welcome to bring along one of those pumpkin carving kits that will be on sale soon so you can make you design as intricate as you want.

This event is open to all divers who show up.

Fins....left,

LOL!! at the thought of Lake Carnico with several Halloween type creatures scattered around to be found by divers. It would proably end the diving carreers of most who participated!

Sounds like fun...Hopefully the vis will be okay to take some really cool pictures!!

Cindy
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom