Hallo from San Antonio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesse03

Registered
Reaction score
I am new and looking for people to dive with, don't have a buddy.
Also I am going to cancun in may and my husband does not dive. Do a lot of people there do shore dives and do you think I will be able to meet another diver there?

Jesse

WELCOME to the Texas Swamp Divers,,,,,,,,you will have no trouble getting a dive buddy,,,,maybe your husband can do some snorkeling if he can with you. He can always book as a non-diving pass. on the dive boat if you plan on a boat dive.

jesse03:
Also I am going to cancun in may and my husband does not dive. Do a lot of people there do shore dives and do you think I will be able to meet another diver there?

Jesse

Hi Jesse, you may want to post your question under the Mexico forum if you haven't already. Have fun in Cancun.

jesse03:

Jesse

Jesse

There are several divers to buddy up with in the San Antonio area. If you would like to meet some of them, there is a dive meeting planned for this Tuesday at Willie's on 281. PM me for details.

Hey Jesse-

My wife and I are getting ready to relocate to San Antonio from California in the first week of June...Would be glad to look you up and go diving! We are both anxious to see what the gulf has to offer as well as the lakes in the area.

If you are going to Cancun in May watch for the Jelly Fish...they are blooming then and it can be a little difficult getting into the water (look before you leap).

Make sure you take a ride out to Cozumel and do the Santa Rosa wall. It is quite an experience to kick over the top and look straight down 3000+ feet :D

Good Luck!
Kevin

P.S.
Maryland to San Antonio...Are you military?

Welcome!! There are always "swampers" going to dive somewhere, so finding a buddy usually isn't to big of an issue!

Hey Jess, there are a few of us up in the Austin area and we like to dive Lake Travis from time to time. There is never a shortage of buddies in fact a few us us have made three buddy teams and had a great time. sometimes telling someone else what you and one other person saw isnt as good as all talking about the same thing.

1RUSTYRIG:
Make sure you take a ride out to Cozumel and do the Santa Rosa wall. It is quite an experience to kick over the top and look straight down 3000+ feet :D

That is the single-most exhilarating experience I've ever had in scuba diving. It's literally like floating in suspended animation. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom