Halcyon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lakediver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently diving with the transpac II. I have the super and rec wings, but mostly dive the rec wings with a single tank. I'm thinking of the back plate set up. I'll probably go with the Halcyon line. Can the Explorer wings be used for single tank, as well as the doubles? I dive high pressure steel 100's for singles and low pressure oms 112's for doubles.

Do to the size of the wings it is highly recommend by most that you get the right wing for the job and don't try to use the Explorer Wings with a single get a Pioneer for that.

Good luck. I think you will like the Halcyon products....I do.

Chad

The Exploror wings are way to big, go with the Pioneer wings. I have a 27lbs Pioneer wing for use with singles and I like it a lot.

I would e-bay the TII & stupor wings.

Get the cheapest BP & harness that is available and defintely get the Halcyon explorer wings for the serious diving.

For single tank (rec) diving the rec wings will be fine with the BP. However, in my opinion the halcyon wings are the best out there at this time.

There is no point trying to mate the TII with a BP. It will work but is unnecessary and redundant.

omar

I believe that the recommended configuration for your tanks is Pioneer 36 (single steel) and an Explorer 55 (doubles) unless you are doing serious (beyong to norm) stage diving.

I've got both. Love 'em.

I've also seen FredT's stuff. Very cool and works with Halcyon wings.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
an Explorer 55 (doubles) unless you are doing serious (beyong to norm) stage diving.
Andrew G. recommended the 70# for out here in the cold with deco bottles and scooter. I have had both a 70# and 55#... Shane has a 55#.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Andrew G. recommended the 70# for out here in the cold with deco bottles and scooter. I have had both a 70# and 55#... Shane has a 55#.

Interesting. Bob Sherwood told me that the 55# was fine for steel 104's and two AL40's (or my one AL40 and one steel 46).

Are you using AL80's? If not, could it be the addition of the scooter? I was told that the 70# was overkill for what I was doing.

...at the time Andrew was adamant about the 70# though Shane doens't have a problem with the 55# not being enough.

Using our scooters Shane has to be two prop settings higher to travel at the same speed (even if we switch scooters) so the 70# wing is not adding extra drag.

I will say that when I holed my suit in Deception Pass that I was very happy to have the 70# wing.

It remains one of the mysteries of the universe. However, I've only got a couple of more wings to go before I have the entire line:D (Patience will, however, shoot me if I buy anything else in the near future).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom