Halcyon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
...at the time Andrew was adamant about the 70# though Shane doens't have a problem with the 55# not being enough.

Using our scooters Shane has to be two prop settings higher to travel at the same speed (even if we switch scooters) so the 70# wing is not adding extra drag.

I will say that when I holed my suit in Deception Pass that I was very happy to have the 70# wing.

I've got a 55lb and a 65lb (both older) Halcyon wings and can say that with 104's and two AL80 stages (when all were full) and with a drysuit the 55lb would barely keep me off the floor. I went to the 65lb and have been perfect. Maybe because my 55 is the older version that's actually more like 45lbs.

Also maybe AG is considering if the scooter was to flood? That would be quite a weight.... but would be EXTREMELY hard to drop, especially if it's a Gavin!! :wink:

The new style 55# wings are perfect. Its the shape of the wing that changed. As you know WYDT, I am pretty petite, and my old Dive Rite 55# would not float me with 104's 2 stages and long body. I stole Diesel's for a dive about this time last year and the difference was phenom. I went home and ordered one straight off.

chickdiver once bubbled...
The new style 55# wings are perfect. Its the shape of the wing that changed. As you know WYDT, I am pretty petite, and my old Dive Rite 55# would not float me with 104's 2 stages and long body. I stole Diesel's for a dive about this time last year and the difference was phenom. I went home and ordered one straight off.

Chick,

I'm assuming you're talking about the Halcyon wings? If so, how do you tell the difference between the old and new style 55#?

Phil

Yes, I did mean the Halcyon wing. I dont know how to tell the difference, but I know that D.'s were only a month or so old when I dove them, and mine are about a year old now, so if you got them within the last 13-14 months, they should be the "new" style??

Sorry, I still have "post-party" brain.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

The old ones were more horse shoe shape... rounded.
The new ones are more square shaped... straight on the sides.

Great. Thanks Pug.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom