Halcyon??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon 10w Can light - replaced by 10W Sartek, then replaced by 10W Diverite, then sold to 'Chica

Halcyon 18W Can Lights - replaced by Salvo (one has become a 21W HalVo frankenlight)

Halcyon Back Up lights - Scouts replaced by Photon Torpedos

Halcyon SS Back Plate - replaced by DSS

Halcyon Pioneer 36# wing - replaced by DSS

Halcyon MC system - replaced by cash from ebay

Halcyon Explorer 40# Wing - replaced by DSS

Halcyon ACB 20 - replaced by Halcyon ACB 10, replaced by real weight belt (UP was right) and more eBay cash

Halcyon Al Plate - replaced by some no-name AL plate

Halcyon Lift Bag - replaced by Carters, then replaced by TDL, then replaced by DSS DSMB

Halcyon Gaiters - replaced by skills acquisition

Halcyon Manifold - recently replaced by eBay cash prior to installation

Halcyon Spring Straps - replaced by perfectly usable eBay substitute, and SB Classifieds cash :wink:

In fact, in thinking about this - the only Halcyon gear I have left is my Halcyon cap. Thrashed, salt stained, embroidered with 'mo2vation' on the side on Catalina Island at the little shop. I've been wearing it since Fundies in 2003. Anyone who's dived with me has seen that cap. I love it. Its part of the Ken Dive Uni. It has great value to me. I think its the last piece standing.

Wow. Who knew.

Its a fine line. Its a branded line. Its a premium line. But I've replaced all of mine.

---
Ken

why?

you are just queer for gear..

catherine96821:
why?

you are just queer for gear..

Just the opposite, really.

If I can flip something for more than I paid for it, with very few exceptions, its so gone. If I can flip something for market value after I've used it, and parlay that cash to upgrade, I'm gonna do it everytime.

I don't get attached to stuff. Well, cash maybe. And my Halcyon cap. But everything else is on the table.

I own nothing. I possess nothing, Cath. I'm only renting everything. Everything I have will one day be sold to someone else. Its liberating, its profitable, its a great way to live - leaving a very small footprint.

---
Ken

I love my Eclipse 30, but I'm also really liking the Agir doubles wing I bought a while ago. I do have a Halcyon 10w HID though; it'll probably be upgraded to a Salvo 21w at some point.

Mo2vation:
Just the opposite, really.

If I can flip something for more than I paid for it, with very few exceptions, its so gone. If I can flip something for market value after I've used it, and parlay that cash to upgrade, I'm gonna do it everytime.

I don't get attached to stuff. Well, cash maybe. And my Halcyon cap. But everything else is on the table.

I own nothing. I possess nothing, Cath. I'm only renting everything. Everything I have will one day be sold to someone else. Its liberating, its profitable, its a great way to live - leaving a very small footprint.

---
Ken
In other words he's a greedy capitalist.
And there's nothing wrong with that. :D :D

SparticleBrane:
I love my Eclipse 30, but I'm also really liking the Agir doubles wing I bought a while ago. I do have a Halcyon 10w HID though; it'll probably be upgraded to a Salvo 21w at some point.

Most of us who own 18s and 21s sold our 10s to get into them. Its just how it works.

And I make no apology for being king gear flipper. Many, MANY of my SoCal homies have benefitted from my passionate pursuit of gear on the cheap.

---
Ken

I wonder if, six months later, the OP has done well with his Halcyon venture?

I have a visceral resistance to Halcyon products, because of the behavior of some Halcyon people on line over the last two years, but I have ended up with a few Halcyon items because I just had to admit they were better. I have their SMB, their reel, and their webbing (which I love).

The LDS I go through, which is NOT a Halcyon dealer, up until recently didn't sell any traditional BCs at all. They insist they're doing fine.

Edited to add that I'm good friends with Seattle's "Mo2vation" -- A lot of us have benefited from Bob's gear acquisition habits!

This morning I stopped by the local Halcyon dealer, the only one in Georgia, and they had an Evolve 60 wing on display with a single tank adapter and an aluminum 80.

TSandM:
I wonder if, six months later, the OP has done well with his Halcyon venture?

I have a visceral resistance to Halcyon products, because of the behavior of some Halcyon people on line over the last two years, but I have ended up with a few Halcyon items because I just had to admit they were better. I have their SMB, their reel, and their webbing (which I love).

The LDS I go through, which is NOT a Halcyon dealer, up until recently didn't sell any traditional BCs at all. They insist they're doing fine.

Edited to add that I'm good friends with Seattle's "Mo2vation" -- A lot of us have benefited from Bob's gear acquisition habits!

Im still thinking about the whole Halcyon step, they had been looking at alot of other dealers before me, they didnt come thru, and know they are interested(long story short) they also want a HUGE dealer commitment to get started.....So Im looking at putting together an initial order to see what I want to do....I have also been checking out Oxycheq lately....If anyone needs some Halcyon products or is interested in getting in on this order, if I decide to, let me know......ITs just a tuff decision because being a new shop, I dont have tech divers knockin down my door to buy equipment....So to invest the kind of money they want, makes it a bit to look at for something that could sit for awhile:popcorn:

Thanks for all the great input, I dont know how this came to life again...but some great responses from all:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom