Halcyon NiMH Charger Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
After I plugged the thing in and attached the battery, the charger went into charge mode (yellow light). Then, the green "finished charging" light came on, but then after a while the red "Ready to Charge" light came on and has stayed on all night.

Is this normal behavior?

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
does somebody have a new toy? :D
Yeah, but I am a little worried that the charger is acting funny. I read the manual a few times and it talks about all the different charge cycles, but that red "Ready to Charge" light with the battery still hooked up has got me spooked..

New Toy - http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27668

Here is the light that is on and has been on since last night...

I remember having the same trouble the first time I charged mine.

I think I read that the battery had to be plugged in before plugging in the charger. ( have no ideal why! )
You might try it . I know I discharge mine and connected it to the charger and then plug it in and has worked fine since.

Hallmac

Hallmac once bubbled...
I remember having the same trouble the first time I charged mine.

I think I read that the battery had to be plugged in before plugging in the charger. ( have no ideal why! )
You might try it . I know I discharge mine and connected it to the charger and then plug it in and has worked fine since.

Hallmac
I will try that and report back...if all else fails, I will have to call Halcyon on Monday..

My charger isnt a halcyon but is close to it. I have to plug the battery into the charger first then plug the charger in the wall. By plugging in the battery first it is suppose to prevent damage to the charger. After the charger is plugged into the wall i have to disconnect and reconnect the battery. Being that it is a peak type charger unplug the battery and plug it in again to make sure the battery is fully topped off and didnt get shut off by a false peak. The battery should be warm to the touch after being charged.

FWIW I think my Helios charger did exactly the same thing.

I'll pay more attention next time I charge the batteries.

ERP once bubbled...
FWIW I think my Helios charger did exactly the same thing.

I'll pay more attention next time I charge the batteries.
I would appreciate it! I tried reversing the order I was doing it and it still pops up the red light after the "Charging" and "Charge Complete" lights finish..

O-ring once bubbled...

I would appreciate it! I tried reversing the order I was doing it and it still pops up the red light after the "Charging" and "Charge Complete" lights finish..

Sounds like you really screwed it up. Why dont you just box the whole mess up and send it to me and you can buy a new one, deal? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom